Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thoughts on the Hyper-Flex Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the Hyper-Flex Kit

i was wondering if anybody has personal experience with this energy suspension hyperflex kit. i was about to rebuild the front end of my car and was thinkin about using the kit (black), but i've heard some negative feedback, specifically about the control arm bushings "binding". has anybody had any problems with this or is it a relatively rare circumstance? i doubt the car will see any road racing, i was just looking for something to firm the ride up a bit. any feedback is appreciated.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

I'm wondering the same thing my car has 205k miles on it and needless to say all the bushings are shot. I know most people on here suggest moog but for all the same parts as in this kits it'll run about $300 unless there's a complete kit I haven't found
Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

yeah the poly bushings definately seem cheaper than rubber. and they last longer too. seems like a win win. i highly doubt ES would sell the bushings if they didnt perform well. do they bind only under autocross-like conditions or is it a regular occurance?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

They bind all the time... and the front lower (rear position) fall apart in short order.

Yeah, urethane is cheaper--because rubber is more expensive. Look. If you want to put in bushings that in places, don't last nearly as long, make more noise, and hurt the ride--that's your business.

I've got a full line of rubber direct replacement bushings for the car. The front uppers are about $29 a side. Lowers are around $29 a side. Rear LCA bushings are $67.50 for the set. And unlike urethane that requires you to burn the old rubber out to use the metal as a slave, the rubber are direct replacement.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

sounds like a plan, thanks once again, sam

btw, i took a peek on your website and couldnt find the bushings. i found the rotojoints and the camber adjusting upper bushing kit, but not the kits you mentioned

Last edited by Jake_the_Snake; 12-11-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
yeah the poly bushings definately seem cheaper than rubber. and they last longer too. seems like a win win. i highly doubt ES would sell the bushings if they didnt perform well. do they bind only under autocross-like conditions or is it a regular occurance?

haha wow! by your way of thinking, i highly doubt people that sell cheap "performance parts" on ebay would sell them if they didnt perform well right??

being sarcastic btw. Im not comparing ES to ebay, just saying.....

Last edited by Badazz 97 TA; 12-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

i think there is a difference between an established company and someone who sells cheap chinese parts on ebay. i would think that a company whos parts are sold in hundreds of outlets nationwide would make the best attempt to sell quality parts and address any sort of issues with their products. however, thanks to sam's advice, i think i'll just stick with rubber.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Teching In

I just (friday) completed the front end rebuild (shocks, springs, balljoints, bushings) and used the Moog rubber bushings. Based on the advise from here I stayed away from a poly kit. My '00 only has 74k on it, but the lowers were torn pretty bad. What a difference. I don't have many miles on it, but even replacing my worn bushings with new rubber ones really tightened everything up.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the Hyper-Flex Kit