Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bottoming out???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bottoming out???

Ok my suspension is just Eibach pro kit and ADJ panrod. I have in my garage Metco LCA and relocation brackets, SLP SFCs. Two problems:

1. The biggest I bottom out speedbumps driveways, I've always driven slammed cars including my 93 with Hyperco's on it, this is the worst I've ever had from bottoming out. So I'm considering a different spring and some shocks. Ground control seem like a good option but $$$. Ideally I'd like a spring that lowered and stiffened but not as low as the pro kit I'm putting Kooks LT's and y-pipe this month and I don't want to wreck them like the stock Y.

2. Plus my 11's still rub in extreme corners not a lot but a little bit a spring that makes the car a little higher may make the difference??

So any suggestions the car is mostly straight line accel but would like a little cornering just for fun Would like it to handle like a BMW (all I've owned are Chevys and Beemers

Bobby
Old 12-19-2003, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Pro Kit on my WS6 with QTP long tubes and a Spohn TA. I have 3 inches of clearance at all my lowest points. I custom fabbed my Y pipe using 3 1/2 oval stainless. It can all be made to work together. I just try and hit any bumps or dips at an angle.

BTW - Did you remove the 3/4 inch aluminum spacers from the rear bump stops? If not then that is causing alot of your rear banging noise on big bumps.