Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Resurface rotors or buy new ones?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

carefull taking the drilled and slotted rotors somewhere to get them turned, more likely they will get destroyed, on the other hand do it then they can pay for the new rotors.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

and here we go with the 'it comes stock on porsches and vettes so it must be the best'. vettes also came stock with M1 5w30, which has been proven to be the worst oil you could ever use. you know why cars come stock with things like M1, shitty goodyear tires, and drilled rotors?? companies PAY THEM to come stock. remember a few years back when every explorer had exploding tires from the factory? why? because firestone PAID FORD to put their tires on all ford trucks. were they the best tire? obviously not. you think drilled rotors are best? no. they are paid to put them on, because they know people like you will look at a $90K+ car and see holes in the rotors, and think 'well if its good enough for them its good enough for me', and run out and buy drilled rotors.

another point: you claim its so great because it comes factory on high end cars. well look at all the RACE versions of those same cars: vettes, porsches, bmw, etc. what do they run in SCCA, ALMS, every actual race? solid rotors.

and if the other guy really things bleeding brakes does nothing, im not even going to bother to respond to that.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well getting the floor jack and stands didn't work out, that will have to come later down the road... I got the fronts turned and it completely got rid of the problem. The mechanic didn't seem too thrilled about doing drilled/slotted rotors since apparently they destroy the bits but he charged me for an extra bit and did it anyway. Came out to $100. I think he said he took .0006" off the left rotor and .00016" off the right, since they were unevenly warped. Asked about how much a brake flush would cost and they told me $60, **** that I don't have the money for that right now... I have to get an oil change tomorrow haha. I'll keep an eye out for cracks or anything though, I haven't seen any so far.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
and here we go with the 'it comes stock on porsches and vettes so it must be the best'. vettes also came stock with M1 5w30, which has been proven to be the worst oil you could ever use. you know why cars come stock with things like M1, shitty goodyear tires, and drilled rotors?? companies PAY THEM to come stock. remember a few years back when every explorer had exploding tires from the factory? why? because firestone PAID FORD to put their tires on all ford trucks. were they the best tire? obviously not. you think drilled rotors are best? no. they are paid to put them on, because they know people like you will look at a $90K+ car and see holes in the rotors, and think 'well if its good enough for them its good enough for me', and run out and buy drilled rotors.

another point: you claim its so great because it comes factory on high end cars. well look at all the RACE versions of those same cars: vettes, porsches, bmw, etc. what do they run in SCCA, ALMS, every actual race? solid rotors.

and if the other guy really things bleeding brakes does nothing, im not even going to bother to respond to that.

My goodness, someone seems a little touchy........

Quick Reply: Resurface rotors or buy new ones?