Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stagg Shocks?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfon159
... as if i didnt kno... wasnt askin bout materials... only experience on the shocks themselves. once i start bankin 2k/week then ill gladly invest in ur top quality konis. (how did i know a response like this would come up, and from a vendor of course) if quality comes at a cost, then how come we are thriving on mostly chinese made products? why is it chinese products carry life warranties (tho limited) vs us 1-5 yrs conditional? wouldnt buying the cheaper product be like doin the work urself instead of goin to the stealership, or worse - mom and pop shop? but thats not for this thread...

back to the original ? at hand: does anyone have any experience with these shocks?

fyi - these are only temporary since im only makin so little mney during these hard times.
Asking questions like this in a public forum about a set of shocks and springs that almost no one has tried.. just doesn't work. First of all, the ride quality you like is something only you will know and understand. Not someone else. So what are you waiting for... one person to come in here and say they liked it or didn't out of like 1000 people who check this thread? Do you think that answer is going to be the be all end all final answer?

If you're thinking of buying EBay knockoff stuff for real cheap, you take a risk no matter what. It's your choice if you want to try to be the guniea pig. Not to mention they are talking about camber plates and stuff which our cars don't have. Also that isnt' the picture of the set you'd get.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Asking questions like this in a public forum about a set of shocks and springs that almost no one has tried.. just doesn't work. First of all, the ride quality you like is something only you will know and understand. Not someone else. So what are you waiting for... one person to come in here and say they liked it or didn't out of like 1000 people who check this thread? Do you think that answer is going to be the be all end all final answer?

If you're thinking of buying EBay knockoff stuff for real cheap, you take a risk no matter what. It's your choice if you want to try to be the guniea pig. Not to mention they are talking about camber plates and stuff which our cars don't have. Also that isnt' the picture of the set you'd get.
no, i dont expect an all end all final answer. i was lookin to see if anyone had experience with these shocks installed on theyre vehicle. obviously everyones preference is different. i tend to have a compulsive tendancy and am tryin to help myself from doing something i might regret. i thought thats what these forums were about. not thrashing on someone just tryin to get a little advice from something they themselves had little to no knowledge about.

and just a little fyi, ive been buying off ebay for like the past 2-3 yrs. NEVER had a broblem with any buyer/seller. and thats because i try to ask ?s about the product before buying it. i check to see if seller is responsive. i check their feedback. if they have knowledge on product. check product numbers. if something seems out of line, i wont buy. even if it is the cheapest whatever that im tryin to get a hold of. and i know that picture isnt the set for our cars. ive been underneath my car plenty enough to kno this.

cheapest doesnt mean worst as most expensive doesnt mean the best. i do believe in, somewhat but not completely, that u get what u pay for, but it just hasnt applied to me for every circumstance ive been in.

would anyone else like to try and bend me over without the courtesy of a reach-around for trying to do some "hw" before makin a purchase?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP, think people are saying (in a roundabout way) that shocks aren't something that you want to cheap out on, and if you REALLY need to go cheap, there are less risky and even cheaper options. I buy eBay stuff all the time but it's a difference between buying clear corners for $20 and buying $300 shocks with little feedback or info from actual buyers. Even if you don't want to go with a site sponsor, you can still buy shocks in pairs for less than the Stagg shocks.

Now if you're saying you want to be the guinea pig and give us feedback, that's cool too, so long as you know what you're getting into, and from your last post, it looks like it's something you're willing to try.

Funny/True story - I had a bad rattling in my car at speed and I though, "oh #@$, that doesn't sound good," since it was coming from the tranny area. I was just about to take it to a shop to get their opinion when I realized it was a cheapo, $20 "cue ball" shift ball I got off eBay.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Teching In

i understand what people are tryin to say, but most are redirecting themselves from the ? at hand - if you havent placed them in UR vehicle and driven with them, or driven in a friends vehicle that has them, how could u you be knocking on them? all u have is an OPINION on info you have no first hand experience with. now ill give credit where its due, such as to sam strano - whom ive seen give excellent advice and i know has much experience since he shows it and is able to back it up. but for others... well, im sure u get the pic.

i wouldnt mind being the guinea pig, but i dont have the extra expenses right now to handle any unknowns. which is why i am lookin for cheap replacement to hold me over until i can start banking. then i would love to grab a hold of some bilstiens or whatnot.

i kinda was thinking bout buying a front set then a rear set later. need to check and see what the price diff is in doin it that way.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

no, i dont expect an all end all final answer. i was lookin to see if anyone had experience with these shocks installed on theyre vehicle. obviously everyones preference is different. i tend to have a compulsive tendancy and am tryin to help myself from doing something i might regret. i thought thats what these forums were about. not thrashing on someone just tryin to get a little advice from something they themselves had little to no knowledge about.

and just a little fyi, ive been buying off ebay for like the past 2-3 yrs. NEVER had a broblem with any buyer/seller. and thats because i try to ask ?s about the product before buying it. i check to see if seller is responsive. i check their feedback. if they have knowledge on product. check product numbers. if something seems out of line, i wont buy. even if it is the cheapest whatever that im tryin to get a hold of. and i know that picture isnt the set for our cars. ive been underneath my car plenty enough to kno this.

cheapest doesnt mean worst as most expensive doesnt mean the best. i do believe in, somewhat but not completely, that u get what u pay for, but it just hasnt applied to me for every circumstance ive been in.

would anyone else like to try and bend me over without the courtesy of a reach-around for trying to do some "hw" before makin a purchase?
Nothing wrong with that but I think your doing your homework the wrong way by waiting for one or two people to answer your question.

What if you just bought it and tried it? That way you could provide some insight. Worst case you don't like it and have to buy all new stuff. See.. that's the catch.. and there's been many cases where people bought cheap stuff and ended up paying more in the long run buying bilstien or koni after.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Oh I like your last sentence too btw, lol. I bet you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

LOL! I was just about to start a thread on these-same questions! I agree -get what you pay for-but then you never know. Would also like some reviews.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=400180730217
Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

That was my next step-but if the website is useless then I'll check out more forums, probably just spend the extra & buy Tokico Non Adjust
Old 12-28-2010, 12:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Variety makes the world go 'round.... but I personally don't like spending good money on things that have no track record. If you want too, that's fine--but there is a saying that's more true than not.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."--Benjamin Franklin

As true today as it was in the 1700's, maybe more so! Today you have a lot more choices which can be good and bad.

BTW, did anyone notice the end of that last link had the letters 'kyb' on it? Maybe they are relabeled KYB's, which would make them not a deal at all--but a ripoff sine you can generally get KYB's for less if you want a very basic replacement shock.

Read between the lines guys, between the lines.

And Shortz.... Tokico is an option but the Bilstein's are barely anymore and WAY better quality.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:58 PM
BS
Launching!

Here's a thread where someone tried them:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1427582

Qoute from last post:

"Well here is an update on the install, after 3 months on the car, the pass side strut blew out and the rears lost their stiffness. after 5 months! really would not go into buying or using these total waste of money. Sorry fellas hope someone has a better experience with these."
Old 12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i understand what people are tryin to say, but most are redirecting themselves from the ? at hand - if you havent placed them in UR vehicle and driven with them, or driven in a friends vehicle that has them, how could u you be knocking on them? all u have is an OPINION on info you have no first hand experience with. now ill give credit where its due, such as to sam strano - whom ive seen give excellent advice and i know has much experience since he shows it and is able to back it up. but for others... well, im sure u get the pic.

i wouldnt mind being the guinea pig, but i dont have the extra expenses right now to handle any unknowns. which is why i am lookin for cheap replacement to hold me over until i can start banking. then i would love to grab a hold of some bilstiens or whatnot.

i kinda was thinking bout buying a front set then a rear set later. need to check and see what the price diff is in doin it that way.
Go for it, let us know your results.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

For whoever cares- this is the response I received on my question regarding quality from the vendor on E-Bay who sells the Stagg shocks
Take what you will from it -it's your money

STAGG struts and shocks are precision engineered using the highest quality components available today on the Market, using extra hardened piston Rods milled over 20 times and chromed with NOK Japanese seals to give you best of both worlds, reliability, durability and high performance These are Made in China and come with a limited lifetime warranty similar to KYB and Tokico. We only sell the highest quality shock Brands available, Based on my experience with our customers that have used these to replace the OEM , KYB or Tokico's on their cars and avoided the high prices , they do not see a drop or difference in performance, everyone raves how good they are and what an affordable price, they claim them to be unbelievable for the money, and they will fit stock or lowering springs. Thanks
Old 12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Ahhh, perfect.

Made in China. Makes sense. Anyone with experience with KYB and Tokico's lifetime warranty knows it's not on the same planet as Koni and Bilstein's in terms of actual service--and you tend to need to cash the KYB and Tokico claims in more often than Koni and Bilstein. Further KYB and Tokico are made in Japan, not China. China is where you go to make things cheap, not well. And the "avoid the high prices" thing kills me. Tokico and KYB are expensive? Ok............... FWIW, those folks who had KYB and Tokico had ponied up for really good shocks in the first place, they wouldn't be paying for Staggs (which I just don't believe) to replace them a second time.

Hey, give it a shot... but again, you get what you pay for. Until I see a 6000 square foot house on the beach for $200 a month, or a Ferrari for $20k, or a Camaro for the price of a Cruze I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

I agree made in CHINA-BEWARE-SAME PEOPLE THAT MADE/SHIPPED THE CHINESE DRYWALL That so many contractors bought cheap and installed in new homes and ended up making people physically ill-google it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL-SIGNING OUT
Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
TECH Addict

I think Ill get a set and do a review..
Old 02-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Not to awakening a dead thread. But i purchase these shocks just because there cheaper because a buddy has his on his car. I will install and i will give u my review. Before i bought i also ask questions.
how would you compare to other top companies like ebaich or tokio Dec-19-10
A: STAGG struts and shocks are precision engineered using the highest quality components available today on the Market, using extra hardened piston Rods milled over 20 times and chromed with NOK Japanese seals to give you best of both worlds, reliability and high performance These are Made in China and come with a limited lifetime warranty similar to KYB and Tokico. We only sell the highest quality shock Brands available, Based on my experience with our customers that have used these to replace the OEM , KYB or Tokico's on their cars and avoided the high prices , they do not see a drop or difference in performance, everyone raves how good they are and what an affordable price, they claim them to be unbelievable for the money, and they will fit stock or lowering springs. Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Let's be honest here, the no-name, who-knows-what brand are almost $300.. I know $100 is a $100... that's less than 2 tanks of Premium fuel difference for shocks that will be around a LOT longer than that gas. $100 isn't nothing, but it's relative. Go out to dinner and a movie and you'll likely drop that much in a night.
Yea but someone scraping floors for every dime they can get like me since the trades went to hell I am in the same boat with shocks. I know its usually always u get what u pay for, but really i've learned to cut corners like I never thought so I can keep my car until I can sell it and not owe anything. Not sure with his situation, but ive been told the same things and I went from having anything I want within reasonable limits to now getting $300 bi weekly unemployment with the occasional side welding job for people. I have $50 every 2 weeks after the check comes and bills get paid and keeping my car until I can sell it is very very hard and when a window motor,headlight motor,etc goes out it takes 3 months to pay car payments on time. I just got my p/s pump i've saved for a week for and taken all work I can get and have waited another week and counting just for a reservior since Gm's is $80, thats a month $ for me right now. I know what u mean, I see people buying beer/bar hopping/drop $1000 on a FAST 102mm for a 346ci cam only LS1 and complain he hates being laid off and not able to built his t56, and I tell him get the LS6 GM intake and dont party for a month and tell him just wait till its been 2 yrs since being laid off.....u just never know that persons issues, we all would get the best if we could.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by richbrad08
Not to awakening a dead thread. But i purchase these shocks just because there cheaper because a buddy has his on his car. I will install and i will give u my review. Before i bought i also ask questions.
how would you compare to other top companies like ebaich or tokio Dec-19-10
A: STAGG struts and shocks are precision engineered using the highest quality components available today on the Market, using extra hardened piston Rods milled over 20 times and chromed with NOK Japanese seals to give you best of both worlds, reliability and high performance These are Made in China and come with a limited lifetime warranty similar to KYB and Tokico. We only sell the highest quality shock Brands available, Based on my experience with our customers that have used these to replace the OEM , KYB or Tokico's on their cars and avoided the high prices , they do not see a drop or difference in performance, everyone raves how good they are and what an affordable price, they claim them to be unbelievable for the money, and they will fit stock or lowering springs. Thanks
Your review will matter. The answer the Stagg people give us means nothing to me. All I see is marketing BS.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Launching!

Also.curious about these. Did anyone else notice their cut and paste answer to two different people asking questions...I just don't have a good feeling about their "customer interaction".
Old 01-27-2012, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm hoping to get these shocks with my tax return, they will be paired with Intrax front springs and sportlines rear springs. They look good for someone that just drives their car like me and doesn't track it at all

Quick Reply: Stagg Shocks?????