Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stagg Shocks?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The more he runs his mouth with nothing tangible to back up his claims the less and less respectable the claims are. He continually ignores those that have had the very shocks he loves (Monroe) and others who have direct comparisons and written them up as counterpoint to his "points" which lack any sort of direct evidence.

As for the Stagg shocks. Well, that's another issue altogether. Good stuff cost money, it costs money to design, develop, test, tweak, etc. The better the stuff inside the more the product tends to cost. Do I accept that those with Stagg shocks might find them better than old, trashed, thrashed deCarbon's? I do. I've said for YEARS that almost any shock in comparison will look good next to the lousy valving most deCarbon's had from GM. There were a few not bad ones, but for the most part they were terrible.

That said, there are clearly folks that don't think that, for whatever reason--mostly ignorance. Talk to at least 3 or 4 folks a week that tell me the car rides or handles fine. When I ask them what they would like to see the car do better the answer always leads back to better shocks. So, I ask you.... *ARE* those cars really riding and handling fine????? I think not, the reason they think so is they KNOW NOTHING ELSE!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
Some of you guy's are just so full of bull ****. You are NEVER going toget an F-body to feel like a $60,000 BMW. Stop smokin that **** boy. lMAO. My new shocks are wonderful. I bought everything at Advance Front shocks (came with spring seat and Insulator) not like those cheap *** bilstien where you have to use your old ****. 2 shocks , 2 strut mounts, 2 spring insulators and 2 KYB strut boots added the right code and it all cost me $257.05 shipped. My ride is not STIFF, it is smooth as New. Some of you guy's are just Brainwashed into one thing and you want to bullshit everybody else with your closed minded junk. Well too bad for you. I'm here to let people know that there are Other Good Options.
This is so freaking true I have a z71 tahoe and in another forum Z71tahoesuburban.com everybody is on bilstein shocks nuts so my dumb *** bought them. they sucked my truck felt like my friends boat. I sold them and posted that on the site and some people agreed with me and others were still on there nuts (bilstiens) I bought the Oem shocks and my ride came back .

I really thank every one for the help full info on this site ! thanks guys and undercover vendors
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jrplz
This is so freaking true I have a z71 tahoe and in another forum Z71tahoesuburban.com everybody is on bilstein shocks nuts so my dumb *** bought them. they sucked my truck felt like my friends boat. I sold them and posted that on the site and some people agreed with me and others were still on there nuts (bilstiens) I bought the Oem shocks and my ride came back .

I really thank every one for the help full info on this site ! thanks guys and undercover vendors
Actually its not true at all.
That's our 'tech drunk around here, you can pretty much ignore him as he has no clue to whats going on.
The bilstiens you got for your truck are likely offroad ones, and will certainly not ride anything like an OEM style shock.
The bilstiens offered for our cars were actually an OEM option (that along with Koni DA's with the 1LE handling package).
These do truly transform the car for the better, ask anyone who has actually been on the various different shocks to compare, not just the autozone ones.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

There is one in every bunch....

Is every Chevy the same? No. And every Bilstein is not the same. And every Monroe is not the same. I don't like Bilstein's on a lot of things. I never sell them for the S197 Mustang (and they aren't bad just not good value). I've pretty much stopped using them on trucks altogether and if one particular Monroe is available for said truck I'll use that over a Bilstein all the time.... but I won't use ANY Monroe over a Bilstein.

Whatever, good old LS1121 goes on and one without any tech, or understanding of why his precious Sensatrac's aren't any damned good for this car but likes to shoot his mouth off all the time. What can ya do

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jrplz

This just goes to prove however that a "good ride" is subjective. I went with Bilsteins over Monroes on my Trailblazer because I personally wanted a little firmer ride, not the more squishy ride that it had before. It is still a quite cushy ride in comparison to the Camaro

*edit* since this thread was bumped I think it only fair to mention that I have since replaced the KYB GR2 shocks that were on the Camaro with Bilsteins. The ride is no longer jarring and harsh like it was.

Last edited by SparkyJJO; 05-11-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 PM

hi guys i just bought 2 sets of stagg shs with springs from ebay, one is for my 2001 camaro ss and another for a friend 2003 mustang gt i am expecting them to be delivered tomorrow, i bought them just to test them, ill give you guys feed back once we try them out.

Last edited by ARalshamsi; 05-10-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: i didnt mention the brand
Old 07-28-2013, 02:15 PM

we installed them and they are ok so far, the ride is not stiff it handles good its working fine for a normal daily use , how ever the bilistien is better in my opinion. but they are working fine it serves the purpose.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:31 AM

Default they Are good

I have the on my 2000 lexus SC 300 for 8 months now, paid 149.00 for all 4
hope that helps... I was like 149.00 ill give them a try so I did and they still are going.. and its a nice ride.

Quick Reply: Stagg Shocks?????