Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Questions for UMI

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for UMI

I’m getting ready to install a bunch of your parts, and I’ve found your instructions to be a bit lacking… I have a few questions.

1.) Torque Arm connection to Rear end: torque specs?

2.) Torque Arm Tunnel Brace connection to chassis: torque specs?

3.) Rear LCA (no instructions at all): torque specs?

4.) Front Upper and Lower A-Arms: torque specs? (upper ball joint, lower ball joint, tie rod ends, shock/strut upper and lower connections). Does anything need to be pressed before being torqued?

5.) Subframe connector connection to front: torque specs?

6.) Subframe connector connection to rear: torque specs (same as LCA)?

7.) Subframe connector connection to tunnel: torque specs (same as tunnel mounted torque arm)?

thanks
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
I’m getting ready to install a bunch of your parts, and I’ve found your instructions to be a bit lacking… I have a few questions.

1.) Torque Arm connection to Rear end: torque specs?

2.) Torque Arm Tunnel Brace connection to chassis: torque specs?

3.) Rear LCA (no instructions at all): torque specs?

4.) Front Upper and Lower A-Arms: torque specs? (upper ball joint, lower ball joint, tie rod ends, shock/strut upper and lower connections). Does anything need to be pressed before being torqued?

5.) Subframe connector connection to front: torque specs?

6.) Subframe connector connection to rear: torque specs (same as LCA)?

7.) Subframe connector connection to tunnel: torque specs (same as tunnel mounted torque arm)?

thanks
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance! Sorry for any inconvenience with the installation process due to the instructions. I will be more than glad to help. Below is the torque specs that you need.

1.)Torque arm to the rear is 120Ft lbs.

2.)Torque arm to the tunnel brace 70ft lbs and then tunnel brace to chassis hand tighten with 3/8 socket wrench.

3.)Rear lower control arms are the same as SFC's 90ft lbs.

4.)Lower A Arms are 110ftlbs and seeing how everything has a crown nut they don't get torqued just the carter key.

5.)Front SFC is 70ft lbs.

6.)SFC to tunnel area is same as cross member just hand tight with a 3/8 socket wrench.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! And thanks again for choosing UMI Performance.
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance! Sorry for any inconvenience with the installation process due to the instructions. I will be more than glad to help. Below is the torque specs that you need.

1.)Torque arm to the rear is 120Ft lbs.

2.)Torque arm to the tunnel brace 70ft lbs and then tunnel brace to chassis hand tighten with 3/8 socket wrench.

3.)Rear lower control arms are the same as SFC's 90ft lbs.

4.)Lower A Arms are 110ftlbs and seeing how everything has a crown nut they don't get torqued just the carter key.

5.)Front SFC is 70ft lbs.

6.)SFC to tunnel area is same as cross member just hand tight with a 3/8 socket wrench.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! And thanks again for choosing UMI Performance.
Thanks
Brad
Brad,
Are you saying the TA mount to the rearend (the 2 long vertical bolts) are 120ft lbs? Or the horizontal bolts bolting the TA to the rear mount?
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Man I didn't even consider the 'torques' when mine were installed, just set the parts out for my mechanic, we jumped under the lift and started swapping LOL
Old 06-12-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

When I did my UMI Torque Arm I just tightened that crap down till I couldn't see straight. still comes loose occasionally.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIVEPOINT7
When I did my UMI Torque Arm I just tightened that crap down till I couldn't see straight. still comes loose occasionally.
Do you use loctite? I used blue loctite for my sway bar endlinks to help keep them bolted.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

i think most people that wrenched on cars can tighten bolts with out torque specs?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Trying everything to get rid of the wines and clunks. Just thought I'd try this too. Been wrenching my own cars for years, but these things are so freakin sensitive. It's hard to get the noise out of them completely.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:14 AM
TECH Junkie

For the rear LCA's I tried 80 ft-lbs using UMI's supplied bolt package and that was enough to strip the bolt threads. I believe 80 ft-lbs will work with the OEM bolts, but I didn't go past 50 ft-lbs with UMI's supplied bolts.

Quick Reply: Questions for UMI