Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Manual brakes and steering on street?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Manual brakes and steering on street?

I would like to shave some weight/free up some HP. The car is a daily driver but a little more "effort" driving the car won't bother me (I have a 6 point roll bar and 5 points in it all the time).

Anyone have some first hand experience driving an F-body with manual everything on the street?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Outlaw 10.5 Director

I have drove with both and had no problems. I have an extra Strange manual master with the Billinglsy adapter plate if your interested.

Tom
Old 01-05-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd would NOT want manual brakes and steering for street use. I have an '74 Nova which has manual brakes and have drove pieces of **** rental cars on vacations
(toyota, daewood and a few other brands including a 1997 6cly mustang sally convertible, don't ask me what i did to it, let's just say it was only running on a few clyinders when i brought it back, she's been raped hardcore )

and one of the rental car had manual steering, god that sucks big time trying to get out of a tight parking spot or to make a quick low speed turn.

And the nova, I wouldn't want to use it for a daily driver since the manual brakes does make your ankle sore after a while, I won't drive it if i'm going on a roadtrip.

Quick Reply: Manual brakes and steering on street?