Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed Koni Shocks and SFC's today! Some ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installed Koni Shocks and SFC's today! Some ?'s

Man was that a bitch!!

But the car feels totally different. I have Koni DA's in the back and Koni SA's up front with 1LE springs.

I still have the stock sway bars though, when i got the car, it didnt have the 1le bar, previous owner removed it.

I set the fronts to 6 turns

The rears are at 2 turns, 2 clicks

still doesnt feel real tight when making a lane change, tighter but not what expected. However making a turn it feels great. I set the springs on the lower spring perch and it lowered nicely with the Rubber hose over the rear springs to even it out.

It does make a bit of popping noise turning left in the back. I have yet to figure it out as it did this also before i did the shocks maybe the control arms? rear end? dunno.

What settings do you guys recommend i set them at for the 1le springs. Im placing an order for the 35mm bar next week. What other suspension goodies do you guys recommend?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:15 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Got any pics? I am getting Koni SAs and I don't know which perch to set the front spring on. I will also be removing the rear spring isolators. I have seen a car with Konis on the top perch and it looked pretty good w/ the rear isolators removed. I am kind of nervous about this because I don't want to have to do it twice..
Old 01-10-2004, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can't expect shocks to do what springs are gonna do... shocks will onlt dampen the springs... so you won't get that "tight feel" when doing a fast lane change.
Having said that, you better off putting the rear setting at full-soft in the rear (the bottom setting of the Koni DA) and 1 to 1.25 turns in the top setting.
As for the front, you say 6 turns (clicks)... from full-soft or full-hard ?
I would've actually put DAs in the front and SAs in the back, not the other way around.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got an incredible deal on this set up. Something i couldnt pass up, 6 clicks from soft. There are 10 clicks, i put them on full soft and just decided to start out at 6. The handling is still better, perhaps it is just the sway im feeling? about the pop, i just went out into the garage, if i turn the wheel full right, or full left, i hear a pop, a faint one but audible that happens every other time or so. What could this be?

The 1le springs are still good springs, im pretty happy, and will be happier when i get my front sway and some real wheels and tires.

Quick Reply: Installed Koni Shocks and SFC's today! Some ?'s