Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Upper + Lower A arm kit....from Strano...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default UMI Upper + Lower A arm kit....from Strano...

My car comes out of the paint shop next week Wedenesday so I need to make some decisions.

Instead of buying all new bushings and ball joints and re-using my factory control arms.....I thought I might get this kit if there's no surprises...

If I get this kit, and use Moog ball joints for the upper a-arms....is there anything else I need to do, or need to buy.....or simply need to know about this kit?

Like, do I get the kit, put the ball joints on the uppers and literally bolt them in...and thats it. Or will there be surprises for me.

And I read whats there about the kit, sounds like there's no surprises, but I've bought things like that before and there seems to always be something I wasn't told that has to go along with the project that I did not know about or wasn't told about........

Will there be any problem with a normal front end alignment place doing an alignment with these...or is there some special **** you need to know about or "how-to" to get them aligned?

Also, will the Energy Suspension poly bushings that this kit comes with cause all the vibration and hard ride that I always hear about with poly bushings?

Thanks.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO, skip the upper arms and just up-grade the bushing and ball joints in the factory arms so you'll maintain your compression travel.

With the lower arms you'll get a little more impact harshness transfer into the chassis from the lower A-arms. On the plus side you'll drop a little weight up front, and your turn-in will be sharper.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^ Gotcha.......thats what I'll do. What a pain in the *** this has been to figure out which shocks to go with and now this....lol

Quick Reply: UMI Upper + Lower A arm kit....from Strano...