Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PST driveshaft hitting UMI torque arm bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question PST driveshaft hitting UMI torque arm bolt?

Hey guys my car is an m6 with a moser 9" rear, umi adj. tunnel mount torque arm, and a PST 3.5" driveshaft. The problem is when I try to install the driveshaft it makes contact with the top bolt of the instant center bracket of the front crossmember. I loosened the front crossmember and pushed it towards the driver's side but the driveshaft still hits the bolt. Should I try to adjust the panhard bar to shift the rearend towards the passenger side or is there something that I'm missing?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

I would def check the rear end and make sure it is in the middle if your car is dropped
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

The other option I thought about taking is moving the torque arm bracket on the rearend to the inside bolt holes so the torque arm itself sits farther to the driver's side. Does anyone know if this a feasible option with this on a 9" rear?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Staging Lane

not sure about that cuz im still running the 10 bolt but I guess they put it there for a reason so i would try it as long as it dont put anything in a bind
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
First I would like to thank you for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. With that particular rear having a bigger center housing it will make the torque arm mount closer to the tunnel area. And a solution for what a lot of our customers do is they trim off half of the first set of holes and mount the arm on the second set of holes. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call and I will be more than glad to explain it over the phone. I will be in the office M-F 8:00am-4:30pm EST.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: PST driveshaft hitting UMI torque arm bolt?