Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which LCA

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which LCA

I am thinking about getting some UMI LCA since they are having their sale right now, I an trying to decided what ones to go with. The car is mostly street driven, would like them to be good all around. I have an adjustable UMI panhard bar with poly ends on it. I think that I want to go with adjustable control arms. I was looking at some that have the poly end one end and either rod end or roto joint on it.

Would those be a good option? Would it be best to get the roto joint or stick with the rod end if I do those?

thanks any opinion will help, the car has the 10 bolt now, and it is a 6spd car, eventually may swap to 9" or s60.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Launching!

I'd say go with the poly/roto-joint end LCA. The roto-joint end won't make as much noise as a regular rod end. These are what i'm going with on the 15th.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 AM
TECH Regular

Deff go with their roto-joints, I just installed their poly/roto-joint non adj and man what a diff. I had some J&M lca's with the poly ball but with these new UMI lca's I didn't realize how much the J&M's were binding up. The suspension feels so much smoother and free'd up. If you think you might swap rears get the adj poly/roto for a street car.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

adjustable poly/roto, love it, very quiet. and car hooks.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered the on car adjustable UMI roto/poly LCA's. Had poly/poly on my old car but I think the roto/poly will be better for my setup on this car.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had double adjustable ones, omfg did i hate them. EVERY little bump felt like my rear end was gonna fall apart. i ended up buying solid ones with poly ends and its SOOO much better. just my 2 cents
Old 07-03-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

Here's the difference all poly set up to the poly/roto-joint set up...

The Hardware....UMI Poly/Roto-Joint LCA's

Replacing this....J&M LCA's with the Poly Urathane Ball. As you can see these are jammed in there pretty tight with no way to rotate.

With these UMI Roto-Joints....You can see how much more room there is for the suspension to work, up to 28* of rotation.

Installed on UMI Relo Brackets...

I was thinking, how much diff could they really make, should I spend the $$ and would it be worth the investment. Not until I got on the freeway with all the uneveness could I feel how much smoother the ride was. The roto-joint technology lets the suspension work more freely to follow the road but the poly portion does not transfer any harshness or noise into the car but still give excellent feedback through the steering wheel and the seat of your pants. Great compliment to the Koni SA/Strano Springs these lca's really let them do there job well...great time to pick up a set this holiday weekend with the 15% off.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks I appreciate the input, looks like you have a clean car. I am thinking I will go with the poly and roto joint but prob in the adjustable version just for future
Old 07-03-2010, 07:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redracer1
Here's the difference all poly set up to the poly/roto-joint set up...

The Hardware....UMI Poly/Roto-Joint LCA's

Replacing this....J&M LCA's with the Poly Urathane Ball. As you can see these are jammed in there pretty tight with no way to rotate.

With these UMI Roto-Joints....You can see how much more room there is for the suspension to work, up to 28* of rotation.

Installed on UMI Relo Brackets...

I was thinking, how much diff could they really make, should I spend the $$ and would it be worth the investment. Not until I got on the freeway with all the uneveness could I feel how much smoother the ride was. The roto-joint technology lets the suspension work more freely to follow the road but the poly portion does not transfer any harshness or noise into the car but still give excellent feedback through the steering wheel and the seat of your pants. Great compliment to the Koni SA/Strano Springs these lca's really let them do there job well...great time to pick up a set this holiday weekend with the 15% off.

Thank you for this info.. this helps me make my choice on the roto joint.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by welldonecj7
thanks I appreciate the input, looks like you have a clean car. I am thinking I will go with the poly and roto joint but prob in the adjustable version just for future
Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Thank you for this info.. this helps me make my choice on the roto joint.
Thanks and no problem glad i could help
Old 07-06-2010, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Thanks for considering UMI Performance for your suspension needs. Like mentioned above the non adjustable poly/roto will maintain a great ride quality with the poly bushing on the street as long as it properly greased. And the roto on the rear end side will eliminate any binding issues that are possible due to the articulation once again if they are properly greased. Either way I am sure you will be satisfied with the quality and performance of the product. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Regular

i just installed umi double adjustable lca's with rotojoints on both ends this weekend... i have only driven the car twice since the install so i can't say too much about noise since i'm sure they will need a little time to settle in, but for now they are pretty damn quiet... i have bassani duals and couldn't hear any more noise than i didn't already have over the exhaust... the biggest difference i noticed is the road feel, which i was pleased with... they are a bit harsher than factory lca's but by no means unbearable... i also have the double adjustable phb with rotojoints and that is a great piece as well, i would personally recommend both... i would also make sure to get the spanner wrench in case you have to loosen up or tighten the rotojoint for any reason
Old 07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks for considering UMI Performance for your suspension needs. Like mentioned above the non adjustable poly/roto will maintain a great ride quality with the poly bushing on the street as long as it properly greased. And the roto on the rear end side will eliminate any binding issues that are possible due to the articulation once again if they are properly greased. Either way I am sure you will be satisfied with the quality and performance of the product. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad
Hey Brad I just went on the site and didnt notice a sale, so is the 15% off still on?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

For those who have done the LCA's, is there a nice improvement in handling? What improvement will it feature over stock?
Or is it just to have the adjustability for swapping different rear ends\big tires?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
9 Second Club

Umi....
Old 07-07-2010, 07:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
Hey Brad I just went on the site and didnt notice a sale, so is the 15% off still on?
Hello
Thanks for your interest in UMI Performance! Unfortunately the sale did end on Monday the 5th. Sorry for any inconvenience but if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
For those who have done the LCA's, is there a nice improvement in handling? What improvement will it feature over stock?
Or is it just to have the adjustability for swapping different rear ends\big tires?
Hello
What is nice about a set of new LCA and PHB when installed over stock. You will not only notice a better firmer ride quality. But it will also perform and handle better due to the bushings over the factory rubber.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Thanks for your interest in UMI Performance! Unfortunately the sale did end on Monday the 5th. Sorry for any inconvenience but if you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Hello
What is nice about a set of new LCA and PHB when installed over stock. You will not only notice a better firmer ride quality. But it will also perform and handle better due to the bushings over the factory rubber.
Thanks
Brad

Alright, sounds like they might be nice to have (ill add it to the list). However, if theres anyway you can get me that 15%, then send me an invoice or promocode and ill take em!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Sounds good! But unfortunately we do not have any promotional offer's going on at this time. But when you are ready to make the purchase feel free to give me a call and I will look into it and see what I can do for you. Thanks again for considering UMI Performance.
Thanks
Brad
Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 PM
TECH Regular

how much noise, performance difference is there between the adjustable poly/roto joint and the adjustable roto joint/roto joint?

thanks
tony
Old 07-16-2010, 08:04 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by vatechguy3
how much noise, performance difference is there between the adjustable poly/roto joint and the adjustable roto joint/roto joint?

thanks
tony
Hello Tony
They both do have there pros and cons. But it all depends what your plans are for the vehicle. Such as if its a daily driver and sees limited track time then the poly/roto will maintain a great ride quality and still allow for articulation on the rear end. But if the vehicle is more of a serious corner carver or higher HP then I would suggest going with the roto/roto due to the fact that the delrin in the roto's will hold up very well and allow you to put the power to the ground. They will offer a little more firmer ride quality due to the delrin but I am sure if you can over look the ride for the performance aspect. You will not be disappointed. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Which LCA