Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yabadaba
What's all this about making sure the suspension is pre-loaded though? How is that achieved?
Just needs to be sitting on the tires basically while it's elevated. So loaded as it would be sitting on the ground. Or in the rears case with the axle on jack stands. I set the front on blocks.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the comments and suggestion guys. Think I'm going to go for the standard UMI tubular weld-ins, not the 3 point ones. The extra cost of the 3 point ones is even greater for me because I'm in the UK and the already steep shipping charge would take another big hike. Also, this is pretty much my daily driver so I doubt I'll ever need the extra rigidity.

What's all this about making sure the suspension is pre-loaded though? How is that achieved?
Thanks for considering us and we would appreciate the business. We also receive some deep discounts with Fed Ex for international shipping so we should be able to offer you a decent ship rate to the UK. If you would like a quote just PM me your address and I will see what we can do.

For welding we recommend you keep the suspension loaded and level, other companies may do it other ways, this is just what we found to work best for us.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 07-18-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Addict

I have the BMR tubular ones welded into the car.. They are the black hammertone color so they blend right in.. and the ground clearance and quality fit are amazing!! have you considered other companies like Spohn? I have seen they make some good parts as well..

I never got anything from UMI... but, maybe in the future..
Old 07-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thanks for considering us and we would appreciate the business. We also receive some deep discounts with Fed Ex for international shipping so we should be able to offer you a decent ship rate to the UK. If you would like a quote just PM me your address and I will see what we can do.

For welding we recommend you keep the suspension loaded and level, other companies may do it other ways, this is just what we found to work best for us.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!
Ryan
Thanks Ryan. I've just sent you a PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Umi ftw!
Old 07-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Teching In

So what's average shop hours for install on SFC without prepping them? I got quoted 4 hours at one place @ 85 an hour. Another $150 for everything
Old 07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No way, about 1.5-2 hr. total welded.

I noticed my car hooks way better now with SFCs -- much easier to chirp the tires and spin out the rear on corners -- love it!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

prep them and bolt them on your self...that way they should only charge you 1 hour for the welds
Old 07-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Launching!

UMI-made in the usa. Sold.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

2 hours tops. If the shop can't do it in 2 hours I would take your business somewhere else.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the comments and suggestion guys. Think I'm going to go for the standard UMI tubular weld-ins, not the 3 point ones. The extra cost of the 3 point ones is even greater for me because I'm in the UK and the already steep shipping charge would take another big hike. Also, this is pretty much my daily driver so I doubt I'll ever need the extra rigidity.

Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your suspension needs. We really appreciate the business. What we mean by pre load your suspension is make sure that all of the weight is on the vehicle to eliminate chassis bind. When doing the install make sure the vehicle is loaded on either 4 Ramps or four Blocks. Anything to allow you get enough clearance to allow you to get a good weld on the SFC's if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: Subframe Connectors