Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need suspension ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need suspension ideas...

OK, my car is lowered on Eibach prokit and stock shocks. I have had this setup for around 7 years on the car. The issue that I am having is that the front struts go out to soon. I mean, the actualy strut is ok, but the rubber comes out of the lower mount and cause a nerve wrecking squeek. So, I am in the market for a cost effective improvement since I am laid off work. This has to be fixed! I would like some nice coilovers for the front, but dont want to pay two legs for them. I will be keeping my rear shocks for now since they arent even a year old, but I would like to get better springs. The rear sags pretty good.

Let me know what you think...
Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IF the rear is sagging, better check if your bumpstops are still intact! ;-)
Old 07-22-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

I hate a saggy rear.lol.

So what are the new shocks??

I'd look at some re valved SLP Bilsteins but still might have a tough time on worn out springs.
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7
Old 07-22-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have new bumpstops on the car. But, I would rather have a coilover because the car is lowered. I ould hate to pay $400 on those revalves and have them to go out due to the car being low.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

get rid of those sagging eibach springs and buy some stranos
Old 07-23-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Prin
OK, my car is lowered on Eibach prokit and stock shocks. I have had this setup for around 7 years on the car. The issue that I am having is that the front struts go out to soon. I mean, the actualy strut is ok, but the rubber comes out of the lower mount and cause a nerve wrecking squeek. So, I am in the market for a cost effective improvement since I am laid off work. This has to be fixed! I would like some nice coilovers for the front, but dont want to pay two legs for them. I will be keeping my rear shocks for now since they arent even a year old, but I would like to get better springs. The rear sags pretty good.

Let me know what you think...
Looking at the picture of your car you can tell man that thing is low...

I am sure you realize now that you cannot have the car ride that low and expect any type of ride quality without going to a higher end coilover type system.

The next best thing would be a set of our lower springs and possibly pair them up with a set of the Bilsteins dampeners when money permits.

Additional information regarding our F-body lowering springs (part# SP001 for the kit) can be found HERE

I also attached a couple of images of customers cars using our springs to give you a ride height perspective-
Attached Thumbnails need suspension ideas...-img_3202.gif   need suspension ideas...-img_3204.gif   need suspension ideas...-ws6_sp001.jpg   need suspension ideas...-ws6_sp001_2.jpg  
Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hsproyaya
get rid of those sagging eibach springs and buy some stranos
^^ +1
Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will be getting rid of the rear springs and probably go with the BMR's. I love the look of it being slammed. The only thing that gets me now is the front . What type of coilovers should I get?