Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Aftermarket LCAs or stock Boxed with new Bushings???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket LCAs or stock Boxed with new Bushings???

I have had axle hop problems since i have bought my car 2 years ago it was lowered. I just changed back to stock springs and boxed my LCAs and Pan hard bar and it still axle hops pretty damn bad it help but not much. It was 130000 on the clock with stock bushings and stock shocks. My question is since i already boxed my LCAs and Pan Hard bar should i just buy new bushings and put them in there or is the after market tubular LCAs and PHB better than stock boxed ones with new bushings? I was looking to buy a total bushing kit and go ahead and replace all of them at once but idk if the stock boxed ones are equal to the tubular aftermarket ones. Also I am on a budget could u suggest any cheap drag shocks for the back as well. Thanks
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have stock shocks at 130k then that's probably your main problem right now. Bushings would help too if yours are worn, but the price of aftermarket LCAs isn't too much more than a set of bushings.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
If you have stock shocks at 130k then that's probably your main problem right now. Bushings would help too if yours are worn, but the price of aftermarket LCAs isn't too much more than a set of bushings.
yeah they r both worn bad bushing being the worst i know that i can get the lcas bushings for like $55 but i can get all of the bushings front to back for 200 like sway bars lcas phb transmission mount torque arm ect. I was just wondering if my boxed ones are just as good as the tubed ones
Old 08-04-2010, 07:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The biggest problem with just replacing the bushings is the fact that they are not externally greaseable. You will have to take the arm off each time to grease the pivot surfaces of the bushings. Our TCA001 tubular control arms are only $45 more than the bushing set, will be stronger than the boxed OE arms and have internally fluted, high durometer bushings with grease fittings already installed. Our bushings are specifically designed with internal grease channels so the grease enters between the two bushing halves, travels through the flutes around the center sleeve and out onto the thrust surfaces of the bushing, all with just a few pumps from a grease gun...

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket LCAs or stock Boxed with new Bushings???