Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

PHR, LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PHR, LCA's

Is their any benefit to using aftermarket LCA's and PHR on a car that's pretty much stock? Should I sell the parts I bought and put the money towards a set of Bilstein shocks and be done with it?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

well first off what parts did you buy?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Launching!

I purchased Spohn cm used LCA's and a new Spohn non-adjustable PHR.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

are the lca's adjustable?... the phb will be stronger than the factory one and that's about it... you need it to be adjustable to center your rearend in the wheel wells... my car at stock height was shifted to the driver's side and when i lowered the car it was worse... the lca's don't necessarily need to be adjustable... if you plan on getting a different rearend or installing relocation brackets i would highly recommend getting adjustable ones that way you can set the thrust angle properly... i would recommend getting atleast single adjustable parts no matter what it is and double adjustable is even better for the ease of adjustment... whichever end you use is personal preference... some people like poly bushings for the ride quality but they won't let the suspension articulate very well under heavy conditions... rod ends are better as far as handling but are prone to make noise, especially when they wear out... i think spohn has their own version of umi's rotojoint called the del-sphere... if these are comparable to umi stuff this is the end i would recommend... they are like a rod end with a delrin race inside to reduce noise... then you have combinations of different ends on a single piece... basically you should so a little more research and make an educated choice on what to buy before you throw cash at the first thing you find... there is plenty of info on this site to search through so i would start there
Old 08-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the information.
I got a really good deal on the non-adjustable Lca's and the Phr, so I didn't spend to much money.
My question is, are these part needed on a car with only a lid. I will not be adding any more power to the car. Are the stock parts up to the task or will their be a "huge" difference by installing the aftermarket parts?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

there shouldn't be a drastic difference as long as your stock parts are in good shape... if i were you i would try to sell the parts you have and add a little extra to that to get some nice adjustable pieces and then sell the stock parts to help make up the difference... in the end you may not be out of pocket that much at all
Old 08-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: PHR, LCA's