Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Did a rear swap now the ebrake sweaks

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qwikz28
Same problem on my old Camry. Can't believe I never thought to check this. You are a genius.
That will be $20... haha
Old 09-02-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qwikz28
its very thin metal. Unhooking the ebrake and the noise going away leads me to believe this isn't your problem. Definitely worth taking a look though.

Now that I think of it, is it possible your ebrake cable is too taught? I'm not familiar with the mechanism, but I'm pretty sure it can be adjusted near the handle. Maybe if its let out a bit up there, it won't be pulling on the drum and causing the noise? Just throwing out ideas at this point. Maybe someone more familiar with these ebrake systems can chime in and offer insight
Normaly there is an adjustment where the cable hooks into the two cables under the car but our cars aren't built like that. I need to do some adjusting on mine because I pull my handle straight up (90) to get it to even hold a little. My dana is part of the issue there. I'm not sure about the adjustment you described but I'm wanting to say there isn't one there but I could be wrong..
Old 09-02-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would pull the rotor and watch your ebrake while you unhook your cables and see if it moves. Also check to make sure the ebrake shoe is riding in the clip at the top. It holds it in so it should be very noticeable if it isn't.

As far as bending the backing plate I just used a small hammer and pliers.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 354 Likes on 323 Posts

Why don't you swap your left and right rotor and see what happens?

Quick Reply: Did a rear swap now the ebrake sweaks