Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

QA1 Shocks R Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QA1 Shocks R Series

helloo all

what do you think of these shocks in the front for a DD and cornering car with eibach springs ??

and the Gen F for the back ??

thank you
Old 09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SLIVER-SS
helloo all

what do you think of these shocks in the front for a DD and cornering car with eibach springs ??

and the Gen F for the back ??

thank you
QA1's (whether they are "hall" or "F" or "R") are all dragsshocks, valved like dragshocks and will act like dragshocks (the car will be more like an old buick, lots of weight transfer, never a connected feel to the road and lots of sketchy handling traits). To top it off they are not gas charged either so they will fade, and become even more "loose". The exact opposite of what you want for a handling application or a street setup.
If you are interested in handling (and have a little more money to spend, buts its well worth it) look into some Koni SAs (http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=20&ModelID=7).
You wont believe you are driving the same car, huge change in grip, ride quality, balance, stability and control (think BMW 3 or 5 series).
I have these and personally wouldn't own another fbody with at least these (or a higher end shock).
Search this section and you will see tons of threads with good info. (search "handling" and while you are at it search "strano").
Old 09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you JD_AMG for the Info

the reason im asking is i found a set of shocks for about 550$

but i think i will wait and get the Koni

right now i have a set of eibach and blisten but the front is bouncing badly

thank youu
Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SLIVER-SS
thank you JD_AMG for the Info

the reason im asking is i found a set of shocks for about 550$

but i think i will wait and get the Koni

right now i have a set of eibach and blisten but the front is bouncing badly

thank youu
When it comes to something like this I wouldn't buy used. You don't know if the shock is in bad condition or blown out, unfortunately there are not always honest people out there. You could be spending that money and getting an even worse result than what you have now.
Buying new also gets you a warranty (and in the case of konis you get a lifetime warranty, and if you buy from Stranoparts, Sam will walk you through the install and setup and help with any issues.)