Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Congratulations to Sam Strano!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations. He would get more response out of Vince piggens than Settmire. Sorry on the highjack. Glad to know those parts work and available.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Sounds like you and Cheryl Pilcher (Camaro Product Manager), and maybe Scott Settlemire (Fbodfather) should have a one on one conversation about needed improvements... ;-)
Considering as Sam stated, Ford has offered more support than G.M. ever did, why would he jump ship? G.M. asked his opinion then ignored it. Scott (Fbodfather) doesn't post on here really anymore. Not since we (the collective LS1tech.com site) told him that the Firehawk name on a G8 was a slap in the face to the original cars and he strongly disagreed. G.M. has lost touch with who is in the market for rwd cars sometimes. The CTS is a awesome car in all of its forms. Too bad the Camaro needs a diet, the Corvette needs a interior make over (its about the seats G.M.) and its "Excitement" division was sent off to the old car retirement home with Edsel, Olds, Nash, and Plymouth. All we can hope that CAFE requirements cause the Camaro to be put on slimfast for its redesign thats coming. And for the record, it is possible to make a IRS car that doesn't weigh 3800 lbs. I hope they get it right next time.

Congrats Sam and I hope you have continued success.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Piggins passed in October 1985...

Settlemire is responsive on the Camaro5.com forums -- even responds to PMs sometimes.

Originally Posted by tillery
Congratulations. He would get more response out of Vince piggens than Settmire. Sorry on the highjack. Glad to know those parts work and available.

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 09-16-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darksol
Considering as Sam stated, Ford has offered more support than G.M. ever did, why would he jump ship? G.M. asked his opinion then ignored it. Scott (Fbodfather) doesn't post on here really anymore. Not since we (the collective LS1tech.com site) told him that the Firehawk name on a G8 was a slap in the face to the original cars and he strongly disagreed. G.M. has lost touch with who is in the market for rwd cars sometimes. The CTS is a awesome car in all of its forms. Too bad the Camaro needs a diet, the Corvette needs a interior make over (its about the seats G.M.) and its "Excitement" division was sent off to the old car retirement home with Edsel, Olds, Nash, and Plymouth. All we can hope that CAFE requirements cause the Camaro to be put on slimfast for its redesign thats coming. And for the record, it is possible to make a IRS car that doesn't weigh 3800 lbs. I hope they get it right next time.

Congrats Sam and I hope you have continued success.
Yep...he went into a tissy on another site when I argued that the insane amount of time it was taking them to get the Camaro from concept to production was going to kill a lot of buyers (and this was back in 2006 or so). That thread is a whole different story, though.

Looking at the aftermarket support fox-body Mustangs still have, I don't think Sam needs to worry about 4th gen parts demand going away any time soon.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Here is the perfect opportunity to talk about what the new Camaro needs, Settelmire, Pilcher of GM and Hamburger of SLP will all be in the same place:

http://www.camaro5.com/meet-cheryl-p...autoshow-oct-8
Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In all likelihood, you'll only be wasting your time

The persons mentioned above are probably otherwise great people but they have already demonstrated a great sensitivity to any criticisms regarding the new car. In other words they get VERY defensive and when pressed seem to resort to attacking the messenger.

Additionally, Jordan Musser (who fields a 5th gen in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge) had the following to say on another board....

As a race team receiving help from GM, I can assure you that GM doesn't care. There are a few hardcore people with in GM that help, but nothing like what Ford has.
This was in regard to any potential GM response to the upcoming Boss Mustangs. Pretty much exactly the kind of car we're wanting from GM here.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thumbs up

nice going sam. you know your stuff.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

Well, all you can do is try -- and if anyone is in the area for this event, please do some talking and report back here any feedback!

Originally Posted by Ironhead
In all likelihood, you'll only be wasting your time

The persons mentioned above are probably otherwise great people but they have already demonstrated a great sensitivity to any criticisms regarding the new car. In other words they get VERY defensive and when pressed seem to resort to attacking the messenger.

Additionally, Jordan Musser (who fields a 5th gen in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge) had the following to say on another board....

This was in regard to any potential GM response to the upcoming Boss Mustangs. Pretty much exactly the kind of car we're wanting from GM here.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

What did BMR place?

Sorry had to ask.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Sam. I think I'm gonna need some brakes soon so I'll keep you in mind.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to Sam Strano!!