Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Now have Konis and Stranos and I dont feel happy....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

I cringe every time I see this thread title... I could live with it if the car would get checked out and aligned.

If you read the first post he's complaining about a lack of stability and also that playing with the shocks was no change. When you change your ride height you MUST get the car aligned, any car that is out of alignment will not drive well. Second, the shock damping is having no effect, which tells you pretty clearly it's not a damping problem.

I want to get this resolved as badly as anyone, because it looks like the setup sucks.... Enough of you have it and have raved about it that I think most folks know that's not the case--but still in a world of one-liners and sound bytes things like this title stay with folks.

It might well be that you just don't like how lowering springs act, they are after all stiffer and shorter and will firm the ride up. But as I said before, and most everyone agrees with, the impact harshness (another complaint you made originally) is improved vs. stock stocks.....

Can you please, please, please just go get the car aligned. They should see if you have bad ball joints, etc. Until you do that it's all a moot point. It's like blaming your TV for a bad picture when your satellite dish isn't aimed right.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Strano springs and the Koni 4/4 shocks and really like them. I agree with Sam's assessment and suggest giving him a call. I spoke to Sam several times before buying parts from him and he was extremely helpful.

The adjustability of the Koni shocks is very nice. Once you get the car aligned and resolve any other issues, you can adjust the shocks to your liking. Personally on the street, I run both the front & rear at full soft. That is how I personally like the shocks set. For autocross, I run 1 turn from full soft in the rear and 4 sweeps from full soft on the front. I can adjust all 4 shocks in about 10 minutes when I get to the autocross site.

Good Luck and I am betting when you get things sorted out you will really like the Strano springs and Koni shocks.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I cringe every time I see this thread title... I could live with it if the car would get checked out and aligned.....

Sam, don't you just LOVE dealing with the general public....especially these days, where the Internet can spread a ton of "BS" around the world in a matter of hours????

Quick Reply: Now have Konis and Stranos and I dont feel happy....