Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Bilstein & OEM GM Parts needed for install

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question

Long time since the last update on this thread, but just had my lower A-Arms replaced (along with an alignment) on my RS due to the photos above with cracked bushings. Yes, that's what GM does, and my Ext. Warranty covered this. Wow, big difference in the way the front end feels -- much more solid with less play and new feeling! If any of you have bushings anywhere close to what mine look like -- replace them.

My driving in this car is mostly shorter commutes -- not so much interstate driving currently. Yes, I like to attack corners...

Here's the alignment specs from the Chevrolet shop -- can anyone provide input as to how good this is for a daily driver, or if they would tweak them in any ways?
Attached Thumbnails SLP Bilstein & OEM GM Parts needed for install-2002-camaro-rs-alignment-9-30-11.jpeg  

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 10-05-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: clarified
Old 10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IMO, for a easy driving DD that should be fine but I would want a little more +caster(+5 to +5.5) for long freeway/interstate driving if you do a lot of it., and if you drive it hard in the corners you might just a little bit of - camber(-.1 to -.5) for more even tire wear.
So, if you drive it easy, I'd say a little more +caster, and if you drive it hard(cornering) then a little bit of - camber.

Overall if you're happy with now, just leave it alone.

Quick Reply: SLP Bilstein & OEM GM Parts needed for install