Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Bilstein Shocks vs. Bilstein HD Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by System_Error_117
Ok I just went out in the garage and looking at it I think the spring sits higher on the shock tower with the MOOG spring seat then the Delco one on the stock shock.
What do you mean it sits higher on the "shock tower"? Are you saying the spring perch is mounted higher on the shock? Or the perch itself is different from the stock perch?
And why didn't you reuse the stock perch with the bilstein shocks you bought? Thats what you are supposed to do...

Originally Posted by System_Error_117
Unfortunatly its stayed the same over the course of the day so I'm still sitting nearly 2 inchs higher then I was with the stock shocks.
You need to wait more than a day man... I remember when I was on stock springs, after my car was on a lift they wouldn't settle all the way for a few days.

I ordered the Eibach Sportlines because they have the lowest possible drop. It wont hit everything because it'll sit nice with the larger shocks, but i have a feeling I'll be bottoming out everywhere.
You are way too hasty, so instead of ordering the proper spring perch, you go and order the worst springs made for these cars? Cancel the order and buy the correct spring perch.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Bilstein vs Bilstein HD

Should I replace my springs? How many miles should be put on the OE springs? 2000 Camaro SS.

Quick Reply: SLP Bilstein Shocks vs. Bilstein HD Shocks?