Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Subframe connectors make car harsh & gear whine, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UMI LCA's are good quality parts and will stiffen up the ride just a bit more. The relocation brackets will help with wheel hop at the track but are not necessary. Since you have lowered your car the bump stops will be felt a lot more. I removed the metal spacer on mine to make a little more room before it hits. My panhard bar is non adjustable and the rear is off center about a 1/4 in. Not sure how this affects the handling but I can't tell any difference since it's been lowered.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:39 AM
Launching!

All im gonna say is that i had my install done at rear end specialties as well. My 3.73's whine loud under deceleration. i believe it could be the shops install job. i have been in other cars from them that whine as well. Im not talking crap about the shop, im just stating what i know. I just dont want to see you dump a bunch of money into you suspension and it not work. I was all stock suspension at the time as well.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If your rear end whines and has a loud whirring noise, it needs to be serviced. I have not had the 3.73 gears, but had the rears serviced in both the cars in my sig and the whirring was eliminated...
Old 10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Launching!

less them 3 thousand miles on gears whined right after install. im just saying my expierence maybe this guys used gears have many miles but we have the same symptoms. i just live with it and turn up the radio.

Quick Reply: Subframe connectors make car harsh & gear whine, suggestions?