Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman

...you know you need this.
lol. Yeah, I know.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I've NEVER said I hate Sam ... Never! I have the utmost respect for his skills ona track. Said so on numerous occasions.

We disagree on the approach and resolution of issues and I don't care for his quarterly "I love me" thread.

But that's about it.
I share you view on this...
Old 10-23-2010, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Very true mitchntx. But no more than Tony mamo , on his latest heads/builds. They do toot their own horn alot. But rightfully so. They and other shops show the potential of a combo that may work for the masses.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Anyone know who is FORCING these guys ("haters") to read these threads, let alone post on them? You know, I'll leave it at that. Some points may be valid, but it turns the whole gist of these threads from (generally) something positive into something ENTIRELY NEGATIVE... Or is that the intention? HMMMMM...

Last edited by pewter2002; 10-23-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive done a couple transactions with Sam and without a doubt I dont mind spending the extra coin, simply on the fact of the good customer service. While other unnamed sponsors dont even answer the phone when you call (about 15 times over the course of 3 days.. just to ask a simple ordering question...) He has went out of his way during our transactions so far and he will be getting more of my money in the future!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 211 Likes on 163 Posts

Do you have any weight reduction in the front?
Old 10-23-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by pewter2002
^^Anyone know who is FORCING these guys ("haters") to read these threads, let alone post on them? You know, I'll leave it at that. Some points may be valid, but it turns the whole gist of these threads from (generally) something positive into something ENTIRELY NEGATIVE... Or is that the intention? HMMMMM...
Relax, son. Its called voicing one's opinion...quite common in America....at least for now.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Fair enough, but I believe my point is valid. 'Nuff said.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pewter2002
To some extent, I agree with you, that there may be some ulterior motive to bashing someone on a thread that shows appreciation for that person. On the thread you started, the BS with mitchntx basically saying that because you don't have proof with magical numbers that your car is running better, then you sharing your opinion of your setup is meaningless, when he has probably never even seen your car, let alone drive it before and/or after the suspension mods were installed.

On the other side of the coin, LS1tech (and any forum for that matter) is a place where people are allowed to say what they want. I would rather see stuff that is uncensored, than something like everyone prancing around in a field with magical bunnies while holding hands and singing the Sound of Music songs. Not everyone has to agree, and I am not going to keep repeating myself about how awesome my car runs now, but I say let the disagreers disagree, and let the agreers agree, and nobody bite their tongue to try to make an artificial "everything is fantastical" vibe to the world.

Last edited by NeoLoco; 10-23-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LaBLKv6Z
Do you have any weight reduction in the front?
As far as I know, there is no weight reduction in the front. I assume you are asking because the front sits a little higher than most cars with the same setup. For some reason, it does sit a little higher, and it was a lot higher with the SLP Bilstein/Eibachs, but it is definitely more even front to rear now with the Koni/Stranos. The nose dive was crazy with the SLP Bilstein/Eibachs and factory swaybars, but there is almost zero nose dive with the Koni/Stranos and Strano swaybars.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't get this sam whining stuff. I have some of sams stuff on my car and love it. I talked with him and he was very helpful. Not just helpful, but knows every part and how it works and how it will react. I had a couple questions for him too and it was more of a "is this right" kind of stuff. I will always deal with sam in the future. The guy is a freaking genious.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats on the sucess by the way NeoLoco. Car looks great.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
Congrats on the sucess by the way NeoLoco. Car looks great.
Thank you, sir.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I've NEVER said I hate Sam ... Never! I have the utmost respect for his skills ona track. Said so on numerous occasions.

We disagree on the approach and resolution of issues and I don't care for his quarterly "I love me" thread.

But that's about it.
I think the "I love me thread" you are talking about are the ones made after some arrogant morons go off on Sam for recommending something that they don't what to hear. They go off and **** talk and then Sam wants to clear his name and prove his reputation. Much like you did in the STB thread once questioned about your experience with Fbodies... Kinda ironic isn't it?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13700650-post77.html
Now god forbid a paying sponsor who helps keep this very site running (by paying) voice who he is and where he came from
Take off the rose tinted glasses Mitch, we all respect and look up to you for advice too.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I think the "I love me thread" you are talking about are the ones made after some arrogant morons go off on Sam for recommending something that they don't what to hear. They go off and **** talk and then Sam wants to clear his name and prove his reputation. Much like you did in the STB thread once questioned about your experience with Fbodies... Kinda ironic isn't it?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13700650-post77.html
Now god forbid a paying sponsor who helps keep this very site running (by paying) voice who he is and where he came from
Take off the rose tinted glasses Mitch, we all respect and look up to you for advice too.
I'm surprised JD that you too only remember what you want to remember.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1328875
See post #58.

Also notice how Lemming Liberty takes on ANYONE who disagrees or questions his thought process. A really swell person he is. That's not ironic, it's moronic.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tillery
Very true mitchntx. But no more than Tony mamo , on his latest heads/builds. They do toot their own horn alot. But rightfully so. They and other shops show the potential of a combo that may work for the masses.
But it didn't used to be like that.

I recall when some one would post a question here and real, tech advice.
Now it's just a spam-fest.

If you send the site sponsor money, to me, that gives you a right to advertise, like a newspaper ad or TV ad. Posting "buy my stuff" in a tech question thread is like getting a call from a tele-marketer. It's unsolicited and happens way too often.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talking

Not only are you wrong again, but your link is bad!
"Page not found"

Funny how you judge someone you have no clue about -- lemming? That is the vast majority of Americans, not me. I ask a lot of questions to learn -- did they not teach you that growing up? I only challenge when I believe there is something wrong or missing or in error with what someone else is saying. You just seem to like to nitpick and pretend you know it all... Not only that, you now resort to ad hominem attacks... So are we correct to assume that "Law Motorsports" is because you are a lawyer? Yes yes, we know, "it is JUST your personal site". Lawyer speak?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1328875
See post #58.

Also notice how Lemming Liberty takes on ANYONE who disagrees or questions his thought process. A really swell person he is. That's not ironic, it's moronic.

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 10-24-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Veteran

If you send the site sponsor money, to me, that gives you a right to advertise, like a newspaper ad or TV ad. Posting "buy my stuff" in a tech question thread is like getting a call from a tele-marketer. It's unsolicited and happens way too often.
******* agree.

Not only are you wrong again, but your link is bad!
"Page not found"

Funny how you judge someone you have no clue about -- lemming? That is the vast majority of Americans, not me. I ask a lot of questions to learn -- did they not teach you that growing up? I only challenge when I believe there is something wrong or missing or in error with what someone else is saying. You just seem to like to nitpick and pretend you know it all... Not only that, you now resort to ad hominem attacks... So are we correct to assume that "Law Motorsports" is because you are a lawyer? Yes yes, we know, "it is JUST your personal site". Lawyer speak?
Excuse me for asking but, why what he posted is wrong?? Im talking about the "spam" thing not any personal pissing match you may have with the guy.

Can you, in any way, explain why he is "wrong"?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was referring to the 2nd comment made, obviously no point was made in his first -- no valid link to even read.

Originally Posted by chaman
Excuse me for asking but, why what he posted is wrong?? Im talking about the "spam" thing not any personal pissing match you may have with the guy.

Can you, in any way, explain why he is "wrong"?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

This thread was my first post here. I could have put some spin on it like describing my situation, and asking something like "for those of you who have had these suspension setups on your cars, what are your reviews of these suspension setups vs. these suspension setups?", then people could chime in on what parts they like best, but I left that question out (a question that may be critical to you so this thread is in what you consider the right section - which is what you and others are bitching about). And the title of the thread is not in the form of a question, so there is another mistake on my part, according to you since you say that this topic is for tech questions. This is my first post here so most people probably don't expect be to be a LS1TECH expert, and in my own defense, I did not even know a feedback thread for dealers existed, not that my post was completely on the feedback I got from Mr. Strano, but now I know there is that section, so thank you for pointing that out to me.

I just described my experience with my previous suspension setups, and my experience with dealing with Mr. Strano, so others could look at what my experiences were and help them make a decision on what to do with their cars.

Last edited by NeoLoco; 10-24-2010 at 09:52 PM.