Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pro's and Con's of Tubular Front Suspension?

Old 02-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro's and Con's of Tubular Front Suspension?

I'm building my T/A to be a Corner Carver that can accelerate hard, and still be driven on long trips somewhat comfortably. I'm wanting to do a BMR Tubular Front K-Member/Coil-overs/A-Arms, but I was told by a buddy of mine, that the whole K-Member thing can be a dangerous proposition, as seeing how they are round tubes that are man-made (bent/formed/welded) that they have been known to break, and that the coil-overs aren't worth it. My justification for my wants is, I like the adjustability of the coil-overs, so incase I do decide to make a pass down the track, I can loosen the front end up a bit, to get some more weight transfer outta it, or tighten it up for driving around. Also-I've got 1.5" Eibach Pro-Kit springs on it now, if I do the whole front end, how do I get the car leveled out?

What are pro's and con's of them, from those of you who have had experiences with them? Will they counter some of the weight added to the car by a stereo, etc.? Weight doesn't really bother me, but I don't want a 4k+lb. car with me in it.

Search this Thread