Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sound under car

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound under car

Just wanted to see if anybody was online to possible have an opinion. Yes I have searched and I am still using the search function. I just wanted to see some other opinions because I am slighty different then the other posters I have found.

Sound under my car only when I punch it. I swapped to a manual steering rack and a dana S60 with a spool. 3.5 steel drive shaft as well into the BMR tranny mount for th400. I am using the stock torque arm with no bushings. I was not sure if the fact that there is no bushin between the torque arm and the tranny mount is the problem. My shop guy says it could be that or my rear end swinging from side to side (unlikely but could be).

I dont think its my exhaust as it was on some others. I don't think the rear end is moving. I think that was installed correctly. Questioning the direct bolt on the front of the stock torque arm to the BMR tranny mount though. After the test drive though the car pulls hard and wants to go straight. So there does not seem to have much movement. I am kinda of excited for how straight it wants to go compared to trying to kick out one way or another.

One post talked on it being normal to have that sound also since I have a spool and a big drive shaft. Any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out one of the sounds when i hit a bump is the large exhaust pipe going over the axle banging on a corner of the trunk area.. the thud when i change gears might be the th400..it sounds like the sludge hammer effect of the th400 slamming but harder.. not sure why its harder