Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I need better 60's, what to buy next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need better 60's, what to buy next?

Well, I just got the car to the strip not too long ago for the first time and was happy with the MPH it pulled, but not too happy with the short times. The car seems like it's not spinning which is what concerns me. Are there better 60' times to be made if the car isn't spinning? I would like to know what to buy next that will help me the most. The best 60' I had was a 1.619, that was launching it from 2000. If I got up on the converter hard it would still 60' about the same. Here is a rundown of the setup.

355 LT1
AI 200CC Heads
228/234 Cam
Full Bolt On's
TH350
9.5" 4500 Stall
12 Bolt 3.73
Weld Pro Stars
MT 325/50/15 Drag Radials 28" Tall
UMI Adj. Tq Arm
Sphon Solid Lowers
UMI Subframe Connectors
Eibach Launch Springs up front
V6 Springs in rear with an air bag@22psi.
Stock shocks all the way around.
Stock sway bar in rear, front sway bar removed.
Raceweight on the car is 3500

I was looking at getting Strange SA shocks up front with 275 springs and Strange DA shocks for the rear and keeping the V6 springs. Or a UMI Drag bar. I just don't want to waste money on suspension parts that aren't going to help. What suspension mods will help the most if any.

-Thanks

Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Strange front coil over's will help you're weight transfer by letting the wheel's extend off launch. Idk how much it exactly help's but every 8 and 9 second street driven f-body down here have Coil-over's in the front. One of my friend's that has a 9 second full interior, about all UMI suspension parts in a Convertible Camaro (A4 4k stall) that has QA1's in the front (strange soon) and stock shock's and eibach rear spring's. I say go with the Coil overs.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9AwV3Wl3k
Old 11-27-2010, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Your stock rear shocks are worn out, they can extend easily causing the car to dead hook. This is typically followed by the tires unloading a few feet out. Probably the fronts are extending easily as well helping to keep the rears planted.

If You would like some pricing on Strange or Afco shocks message or call Me. I'm answering the phone now! I will also help You with shock settings after the sale to get Your car working good!

Thanks,
Carl
Old 11-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

need a better 60ft. what to buy next? MY CAR! lol.... get comp eng. rear shocks! they might help some!!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Carl at CRP
If Your stock rear shocks are worn out, they can extend easily causing the car to dead hook. This is typically followed by the tires unloading a few feet out. Probably the fronts are extending easily as well helping to keep the rears planted.

If You would like some pricing on Strange or Afco shocks message or call Me. I'm answering the phone now! I will also help You with shock settings after the sale to get Your car working good!

Thanks,
Carl

All of the shocks feel to be in good shape but I noticed the bushings in the rear were worn out. I think that is what I'm going to replace next. Thanks for the help. PM Sent