Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Group Purchase request on Koni shocks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Group Purchase request on Koni shocks!!!

There are 10 people in the request section of the Sponsor Group Purchase forum that were serious about a group purchase deal on Koni shocks.

If Sam Strano is reading this, if we had 10 people willing to purchase Koni shocks, is $840 on the 4/3 set your lowest price?????? PM me and let me know.

Any other vendors out there willing to come in with a good price point for Koni shocks on a group of at least 10 people?????

I know price isn't everything and service is helpful too, but a lot of times people don't really care as long as they get their product. Money talks now a days majority of the time, especially with the way the economy is whether you want to admit it or not.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be in for some fronts.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

push it up!!! I know there are vendors reading this. Please respond to let me know if this is feasible.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
There are 10 people in the request section of the Sponsor Group Purchase forum that were serious about a group purchase deal on Koni shocks.

If Sam Strano is reading this, if we had 10 people willing to purchase Koni shocks, is $840 on the 4/3 set your lowest price?????? PM me and let me know.

Any other vendors out there willing to come in with a good price point for Koni shocks on a group of at least 10 people?????

I know price isn't everything and service is helpful too, but a lot of times people don't really care as long as they get their product. Money talks now a days majority of the time, especially with the way the economy is whether you want to admit it or not.
Dude, that $839.99 is way, way under where everyone else... In fact that price is set to go back up this week. I wouldn't screw around too much longer those shocks have gone up some $200 over the last two years, and could go up again beginning of the year.

I'll be straight up with you here.... GP's are a nightmare. You always get a lot of people saying "I'm in" and then flaking. If I wait to get enough orders, then I have those that ordered first screaming at me because it's taking too long. $839.99 for 4/3's isn't at all highway robbery to begin with.

If you want to "run" the GP, gather all the information and submit a quantity order--then we can can talk. Money always talks, but I'd hope that common sense also does. Service, and support of the product should also be important. If it's not to you, ok... but it is to me. What I do takes time, and since we are being honest here, time is money. Time I spend talking to folks is time I can't sell other parts to other people. I don't ask for anything in exchange other than to sell you product at a fair price. If we want to work on a barter system, we can.... but somethings would suffer, like my technical support and I don't want to have to do that.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

There you go Jthunderz. Set that sh#t up!

I don't blame Sam for not wanting to deal with that. Especially in a world full of strokers
Old 11-29-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Dude, that $839.99 is way, way under where everyone else... In fact that price is set to go back up this week. I wouldn't screw around too much longer those shocks have gone up some $200 over the last two years, and could go up again beginning of the year.

I'll be straight up with you here.... GP's are a nightmare. You always get a lot of people saying "I'm in" and then flaking. If I wait to get enough orders, then I have those that ordered first screaming at me because it's taking too long. $839.99 for 4/3's isn't at all highway robbery to begin with.

If you want to "run" the GP, gather all the information and submit a quantity order--then we can can talk. Money always talks, but I'd hope that common sense also does. Service, and support of the product should also be important. If it's not to you, ok... but it is to me. What I do takes time, and since we are being honest here, time is money. Time I spend talking to folks is time I can't sell other parts to other people. I don't ask for anything in exchange other than to sell you product at a fair price. If we want to work on a barter system, we can.... but somethings would suffer, like my technical support and I don't want to have to do that.
Service is important, but it's not everything either. A lot of people already have the know how and once they get their product they really will never talk to the vendor again. I am also in sales, and one of my main selling points is ME!!! So I understand exactly what you are saying about service. It is important for a lot of things. But like you said... money talks.

$840 is a good price, on a per order basis, but imagine if you got 10 orders at say $750 a pop, that's a guaranteed $7500 bucks in revenue. Granted if everyone follows through on their committment.

Would making a list and taking credit card numbers work??? Then explaining to everyone that it might take some time to get get the orders out so there is no bitching and whining. Bottom line is if you can do it, let me know. If not, it was worth a try and thanks for responding.

Jason

Last edited by jthunderz28; 11-29-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Sam, pm me what you would need to offer an even better deal than you have right now at $840 and $940.

Commitments with credit cards from 15 people? 20 people? What would your price be for each person on both the 4/3 and 4/4 sets?????

let me know.

Thank you.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I really wonder what kind of profit margin you think these things have in them. I ain't getting rich selling Koni's, far from it. $750/set isn't going to happen. I'm already WAY under Koni Minimum pricing, which I can do because I deal with various WD's (freedom of pricing is one reason why, greater stock number is another, lower overhead costs the final reason).

Koni's are going up this week, by about $50 a set. If you want to try and corral enough folks, go for it. But I can't guarantee a price to you because Koni pricing may change in the interim, and it won't be less than it is right now anyway. And it's easy to sit there and say "it's a guaranteed $7500", but that's not really how it works. There are profit margins, credit card fees, shipping costs, taxes and the like to be considered. Again, it seems as though you think I'm making multiple hundreds of dollars on a set of these, and that's just not the case. Further, when the pricing is already at such a good point and shocks sell, what incentive is there for me to drop the price further? That happens when you need to sell product, and these have been on sale for a while now.

As for the service. Hey, it's up to you if you don't want support after the sale. But these aren't exactly something you slam on and set ot #4 and go. The instructions aren't good, which is funny considering how good the shocks are. And the tutorial I give is worth something too. If you don't think so, then you can buy from whomever you like. But if they start at a higher price, or MUCH higher price, then even if they give you some extra discount, it's only going to bring our prices closer without the option of asking someone who knows about the product.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sam, pm me what you would need to offer an even better deal than you have right now at $840 and $940.

Commitments with credit cards from 15 people? 20 people? What would your price be for each person on both the 4/3 and 4/4 sets?????

let me know.

Thank you.

I don't have to PM you, there is nothing to hide. See previous post.

Let me be blunt... you tell me what you want and how many you think it would take to get it.... I'm guessing $750 for 4/3??????????. That's not happening, no way, no how, not from me. If someone wants to do all the work involved in this to make no money and deal with the herding of cats-that's a call they have to make.

The ship has sailed on the free shipping, it's 9pm eastern now, so that right there is a quick $25-40 lost. Even if I went $800 now on 4/3's that would be no cheaper to you--not a dime.

Finally, there is this. When we spoke on the phone you indicated that you had some great deal. If you do, why are you searching for this GP? I was upfront with you then, that my pricing is more than fair and the support is worth something---and yet I'm not asking for anything extra for it.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

I don't have to PM you, there is nothing to hide. See previous post.

Let me be blunt... you tell me what you want and how many you think it would take to get it.... I'm guessing $750 for 4/3??????????. That's not happening, no way, no how, not from me. If someone wants to do all the work involved in this to make no money and deal with the herding of cats-that's a call they have to make.

The ship has sailed on the free shipping, it's 9pm eastern now, so that right there is a quick $25-40 lost. Even if I went $800 now on 4/3's that would be no cheaper to you--not a dime.

Finally, there is this. When we spoke on the phone you indicated that you had some great deal. If you do, why are you searching for this GP? I was upfront with you then, that my pricing is more than fair and the support is worth something---and yet I'm not asking for anything extra for it.
I had "some great deal"?? What are you talking about, you must be confusing me with someone else. We talked, and I thought $840 was a pretty reasonable price, I did not have "another good deal".

I didn't know potential clients could be compared to a herd of cats,lol. I don't sell suspension parts for a living so I don't really know what the true cost is or your profit margin. This was simply an inquiry to see if I could save more money by gathering even more people to possible make this happen. This I thought could have been an opportunity to you as well as other members on this board who are consumers and contribute to the profit margin of vendors such as yourself.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I had "some great deal"?? What are you talking about, you must be confusing me with someone else. We talked, and I thought $840 was a pretty reasonable price, I did not have "another good deal".

I didn't know potential clients could be compared to a herd of cats,lol. I don't sell suspension parts for a living so I don't really know what the true cost is or your profit margin. This was simply an inquiry to see if I could save more money by gathering even more people to possible make this happen. This I thought could have been an opportunity to you as well as other members on this board who are consumers and contribute to the profit margin of vendors such as yourself.
Hey, might have been someone else--hard to keep track given all the people I talk to.

Trying to co-ordinate 10 different people who you aren't in direct contact with is not joyous. Believe it or not, it takes time and effort to deal with people, and I'm usually doing the best I can to keep up, and try and answer questions, and ship parts, and place orders, and give advice, and be available on the forums. The herding cats thing is not an insult to anyone, it's just fact. I've done it before and it's not a lot of fun, and they often think that there is nothing else going on but their particular orders. There always seem to mixed messages. I'll talk to one, they'll talk to another and next thing you know I hear I said something I didn't. It is often a 3 ring circus trying to keep everyone on the same page.

I appreciate you trying to get a better deal, but it's not feasible for me if I cut my nose of in spite of my face, as a matter of business. As for the better deal, if I wasn't already offering them at price that is more than competitive, then ok. Having a sale on top of a sale, on top of the free shipping means there just isn't a realistic amount of margin left at the current prices. I've sold off most of my overstock (which is why prices were down some anyway). And when things slow down with pricing like that, I figure folks aren't in the market at this time, regardless of price.

Have no issue with you asking, and I'm not trying to hide anything hence the reason I'm posting here vs. PM's.

And if I confused you with someone else, I apologize. It was someone named Jason from CA.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Sam,

this is Jason from CA. Unless you talked to 2 Jason's in CA. I talked to you last Wednesday and I don't recall ever having a"better deal". There may have been some misunderstanding.

Regardless, I appreciate you responding to see if this was feasible.
That is all.

Thank you.

Jason
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Trying to co-ordinate 10 different people who you aren't in direct contact with is not joyous. Believe it or not, it takes time and effort to deal with people, and I'm usually doing the best I can to keep up, and try and answer questions, and ship parts, and place orders, and give advice, and be available on the forums.
Wouldn't service before the sale and dealing with people be considered important as well? Not just tech recommendations and know how after the fact??
Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sam's knowledge on these parts are a very good asset for his customers, and getting them before the sale kind of negates one of his selling points. As far as service before the sale, he actually talked me out of buying his springs because of my local roads....he's not just a sales man, but an enthusiast that understands customer needs.

As far as after the sale, I can't blame the guy for offering his expert technical support "after" you actually purchase the product from him, as he's made the install and adjustment for me (and I'm sure others) much easier than just trying to "figure it out on your own". I've seen him in different threads trying to offer input even when the OP has purchased the shocks from other supplier....
Old 11-30-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Sam's knowledge on these parts are a very good asset for his customers, and getting them before the sale kind of negates one of his selling points. As far as service before the sale, he actually talked me out of buying his springs because of my local roads....he's not just a sales man, but an enthusiast that understands customer needs.

As far as after the sale, I can't blame the guy for offering his expert technical support "after" you actually purchase the product from him, as he's made the install and adjustment for me (and I'm sure others) much easier than just trying to "figure it out on your own". I've seen him in different threads trying to offer input even when the OP has purchased the shocks from other supplier....
There is no need to sell me on his expertise after the sale. I already know of Sam's reputation based on extensive research in numerous posts when I was reading up on suspension.

It just came off as me being a pain in the *** to him for such a simple inquiry. If you can't do it then just say so and move on. He eventually did that after coming off as a bit of a condescending know it all... and implying that I could care less about service, when I did not say that one bit. I just wanted to point out that service isn't everything in many cases because some people just want a good deal and they really will never talk to that seller/vendor ever again. If you want to call him being blunt or not, It rubbed me the wrong way regardless.

Last edited by jthunderz28; 11-30-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

It just came off as me being a pain in the *** to him for such a simple inquiry. If you can't do it then just say so and move on. He eventually did that after coming off as a bit of a condescending know it all... and implying that I could care less about service, when I did not say that one bit.
Service is important, but it's not everything either.
Maybe that's where he got it from, cause that's where I picked up on it.

Yes service is important, damn important.

Because what will happen is a bunch of people will buy koni's at some low price somewhere then come on here and ask what's the best settings are.

Refer to previous statement regarding importance of service.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Maybe that's where he got it from, cause that's where I picked up on it.

Yes service is important, damn important.

Because what will happen is a bunch of people will buy koni's at some low price somewhere then come on here and ask what's the best settings are.

Refer to previous statement regarding importance of service.
The whole point of inquiring about a group purchase is to save money.

Service is important, I don't deny that. If I could care less about money and more about service then why would I go through all of this???? I would buy a set of Koni's for 1200 bucks and not give a damn if all I cared about was service.

All I was saying is that Service isn't the whole piece to the pie. I would like to see you spend and extra 900 dollars to have a local insurance agent and have all the great service in the world vs. getting your insurance through an 800 number like Geico. Use that as an example.

You get it now?????
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I do appreciate you explaining the point of a group purchase.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Launching!

well, that was an interesting read to start my morning off with..
Old 11-30-2010, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

I’m all about saving money with a product but….. Just wait for deal like they have going now and buy then. Thats what I do!!

Quick Reply: Group Purchase request on Koni shocks!!!