Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DAMN if I'm buying a new rack and pinioin...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAMN if I'm buying a new rack and pinioin...

Pardon my French of the title but this is ridiculous. Im very aware of ALLLLL the problems with the 04-06 GTO suspension, and steering issues. My outer tie rod ends are shot and Ive recently learned their not serviceable...well through GM or the parts stores. Ive found Kollar Racings ends and I believe they were around $50 bucks. Have any of you goat guys had to go with these? Any speculation on the subject?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean by the outer tie rods are "not serviceable"??

I just changed a set on an '05 GTO last week, got them right from the dealer.

Try a different dealer perhaps.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

The old Pontiac dealer which is now Cadillac and GMC referred us to the Chevy store, which is my dealers sister store, and there's no listing for OE tie rod ends, and Oreileys, Advance, Napa, and Auto Zone show no listing either. Feel free to throw a part number at me if you have one for an '04.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the GM part number for outer tie rods on an '04 GTO:

Hope that helps.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Cool thanks man.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to raise the dead on this thread but I had to give props to a good company. I had just ordered my outer tie rod ends from Kollar Racing the other day. Ive heard their tie rod ends were reall good so I purchased a set. They were $66 bucks shipped WAY cheaper than the dealers. The shipping was outrageous at $22 but I still came out ahead going with Kollars product. Anyway, the shipping was SUPPOSED to be from UPS which explained the pricey $22 for a small box but oh well. I was surprised to get a letter in the mail from the post office saying I had to come up there to pick up my package from Kollar Racing. Wait...What? I paid $22 friggin dollars for regular USPS shipping? And I have to take off of work early and lose personal time to pick up something that shouldve been dropped off at my house? So I emailed Kollar Racing upset about paying $22 for shipping that shouldnt have been more than ten bucks. Two days later no email....BUT I checked my checking acct. and they debited $10 back to my account. Thanks you Kollar Racing for taking care of my issue its great you guys take care of your customers so quickly and the tie rod ends feel great and really helped restore my steering. Ill be doing business with you guys again when I need something for the Goat. Thank you again for being a stand up business with good service.

Quick Reply: DAMN if I'm buying a new rack and pinioin...