Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adj. LCA's - The ONLY way to center wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Adj. LCA's - The ONLY way to center wheel?

I am placing some taller tires in the rear and I know I will run into issues with it because currently my 25.7" tires look to be pushed towards the rear of the wheel well. I was thinking it was due to the UMI relocation brackets but I was looking at old pictures of my car and they still were near the rear before the addition of relocation brackets.

I really don't want to purchase new LCA's as I've been reading the 1LE bushings should suffice but have I no other options?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the relocation brackets are made so that the mounts for the LCA are in an arc....thus not really moving the rear fore/aft. AFAIK, adjustable LCA's are in your future.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our sponsors run a lot of sales and have really good deals on adjustable LCAs. You can get a very nice pair for way under 200 bucks.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
I believe the relocation brackets are made so that the mounts for the LCA are in an arc....thus not really moving the rear fore/aft. AFAIK, adjustable LCA's are in your future.
Awhile ago, there was some concern that relocation brackets were causing wheels to be pushed back a little based on customer reviews.

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Our sponsors run a lot of sales and have really good deals on adjustable LCAs. You can get a very nice pair for way under 200 bucks.
Yep, getting something squared away with UMI but jus' want to look into all viable options.

Again, I don't really want to purchase LCA's because my car is somewhere in between a DD and a weekend warrior. I would much rather replace the bushings so I won't increase road noise with a poly/roto-joint combo.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r

Correct!

When I installed my LCA brackets, I had the stock LCAs bolted up to both the body, as well as the rear axle, to insure that the rear stayed in the same place. As you said, the holes in the relocation brackets are "forward" of the OE holes, in order to keep the rear end in the same place.

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Awhile ago, there was some concern that relocation brackets were causing wheels to be pushed back a little based on customer reviews.

Won't happen, unless the brackets are made incorrectly...

Again, I don't really want to purchase LCA's because my car is somewhere in between a DD and a weekend warrior. I would much rather replace the bushings so I won't increase road noise with a poly/roto-joint combo.

I have a set of the "roto-joint" LCAs in my car, because I wanted to get the 'thrust angle' dead on. There isn't any significant noise difference, but since the roto-joint isn't as 'forgiving' or compliant as a rubber bushing, impacts on bumps and expansion strips are more pronounced...
Old 12-21-2010, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can you can get LCA's with rubber bushings from BMR, but I don't know if they make an adjustable version of them....you could always give a call, if they can make them for you it might be just what you need.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Does centering the wheel within the wheel well cause any driveshaft issues?

Quick Reply: Adj. LCA's - The ONLY way to center wheel?