Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Trak Pac Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BMR Trak Pac Setup?

Guys,

I have a BMR trak pac installed on my Trans Am with the T/A relocation to the crossbrace between the SFCs. My question is, I have the pinion angle all setup and correct at -1 or 0 but is the piviot plates on the crossbrace (where the T/A mounts to) supposed to be completely vertical? Mine now angles now about 15 deg towards the front of the vehicle. Is this a problem, and if so and if it needs to be completely vertical how can I bring it back true?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I get a suspension clunk when driving over bumps or at speed and a not perfect road. I loosened and retorqued all of the LCA bolts (once the axel was under load) yesterday and I'll see if it helps today. I'm going to also check the pinion angle again today, but most setups I've seen online have this piviot point perfectly vertical, so I was wondering if it this makes any difference?
Old 01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ideal or perfect situation would be to have the mounting plates as vertical as possible in the vehicle at ride height...

That being said 15 degrees is not perfect but it's not going to cause a huge issue either.

Make sure to double check the torque arm bolts both at the front and back of the torque arm as loose hardware can sound a lot worse then you might think.....
Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
The ideal or perfect situation would be to have the mounting plates as vertical as possible in the vehicle at ride height...

That being said 15 degrees is not perfect but it's not going to cause a huge issue either.

Make sure to double check the torque arm bolts both at the front and back of the torque arm as loose hardware can sound a lot worse then you might think.....
Thanks Lee, I removed the TQ arm this weekend and shortened it a bit and got the plates to mount vertical. The ride seems a bit smoother but I think I need to increase the pinion angle a bit as I put it at -2 and I get a slight thump from the rear on hard launches. What pinion angle would you rec for this setup with an Eibach Pro Kit, LCA's with LCA relocation brackets and koni shocks?

BTW - I still get some suspension noise (it is slightly better after retorquing all the suspension bolts). Another thing I think I'm gonna do is swap out my protane tranny mount with a stock rubber piece as I also have poly motor mounts and I think that can be causing some unwanted vibration and noise.

Quick Reply: BMR Trak Pac Setup?