Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is this too good to be true for Koni shocks???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this too good to be true for Koni shocks???

The price on these are insanely low, but the sku# matches up with other vendors websites.

http://www.hotpart.com/shop/index.ph...ct_detail&p=86

They also sell the rear shocks at an insanely low price.

I know Sam is awesome in the customer service department, but has anyone dealt with this J&M products/ www.hotpart.com before?????
Old 01-24-2011, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I still got the full set cheaper when they were on sale last year from Strano...
Old 01-24-2011, 01:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
I still got the full set cheaper when they were on sale last year from Strano...
Am I reading that wrong? I was reading that as $289 for the front shocks as a pair,not each.

So quantity 1 as a pair??? Or do they mean 1 shock? I'm confused, lol. I'll have to confirm this with them tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

It says plain as day "priced per each shock" and "two sets in stock"
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 AM
TECH Regular

Damn, you are right. The 2 sets in stock was above, and I didn't read further on below, that's why I thought the quantity was ment for the "sets in stock". A little confusing, those tricky bastards.

I give up in looking for a good deal on these, I'm just gonna be patient and order the damn things from Sam himself. I guess these nobody can offer a deal on them at all, thats not just a few bucks off.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
Damn, you are right. The 2 sets in stock was above, and I didn't read further on below, that's why I thought the quantity was ment for the "sets in stock". A little confusing, those tricky bastards.

I give up in looking for a good deal on these, I'm just gonna be patient and order the damn things from Sam himself. I guess these nobody can offer a deal on them at all, thats not just a few bucks off.
You get what you pay for. Just save up. I bought suspension parts little by little and now ready to install them. I bought Koni's from Sam 6 months ago. I've had his springs here longer than that.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

The shocks are expensive, but like ^^^^ said, you get what you pay for.

BTW, as far as ordering from Sam....it's not like he charges a terrible price, he's actually priced right around or lower than his competitors, and when you purchase from him you also get his assistance in setting them up.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99zee
You get what you pay for. Just save up. I bought suspension parts little by little and now ready to install them. I bought Koni's from Sam 6 months ago. I've had his springs here longer than that.
i think he's got the springs on sale shipped right now for $250. Sounds like an awesome deal.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think he's got the springs on sale shipped right now for $250. Sounds like an awesome deal.
They're $249 w/o shipping I believe. It used to be $275 shipped, but then people complained about the price because it appeared to be higher....
Old 01-24-2011, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

I won't get into the "too good to be true" stuff. Frankly, I can't know how or why others do things, and have seen folks burnt on mistakes, like not keeping up with price changes, etc.

All I can do is remind you why I think I'm the best place to buy from:

My prices are way more than fair if you look at the market. In fact I tend to have some of the lower prices on these even when compared to some massively larger companies.

I know the product because I use it myself, and have for years. I'm not new to Koni's. I didn't pick them up recently, and certainly didn't do it because I was trying to keep up with the Joneses. I use/sell them because I use them on my own stuff and feel they are the best shocks for the car, period. There are those that will disagree, or that won't want to pony up that kind of money, or need less shock.... so that's why I offer other brands.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I won't get into the "too good to be true" stuff. Frankly, I can't know how or why others do things, and have seen folks burnt on mistakes, like not keeping up with price changes, etc.

All I can do is remind you why I think I'm the best place to buy from:

My prices are way more than fair if you look at the market. In fact I tend to have some of the lower prices on these even when compared to some massively larger companies.

I know the product because I use it myself, and have for years. I'm not new to Koni's. I didn't pick them up recently, and certainly didn't do it because I was trying to keep up with the Joneses. I use/sell them because I use them on my own stuff and feel they are the best shocks for the car, period. There are those that will disagree, or that won't want to pony up that kind of money, or need less shock.... so that's why I offer other brands.
Sam, any chance you will be running that shipped price ($840 4/3 SA's) you did last year. Tax time is coming up and I should be getting back some change.

Oh and no need to explain yourself on the customer service stuff. I know that you are THE MAN when it comes to the Koni stuff. As always thanks for your input and knowledge you bring to this board.

Let me know if you will have any group purchase deals for tax refund season so I don't prematurely pull the trigger on ordering.

I missed out on the one last year. Every dollar saved helps.

Thank you.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 92 Posts

All I can say is "stay tuned".... Nothing more I can say right now here, right now.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-24-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

All I can say is "stay tuned".... Nothing more I can say right now here, right now.

Fair enough.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn.. still havent put the bilsteins on. if such a good tv show, i may have to purchase the rights to them too.

Quick Reply: Is this too good to be true for Koni shocks???