Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

midwest torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default midwest torque arm

finally got mine installed. im a fan. for the price, its a well made piece. i thought i was gonna have clearence issues with the front mount but it turned out fine. the only clearence issues i has wer the rear mout hitting the floor board (which is kinda expected) and i had to trim the driveshaft loop mount to get it to clear the exhaust. for the price, im happy.

i hear rumors about clunking noises from the front mount. i found that if u use a washer as a spacer in the bushing, for the most part, it goes away.

seems to hook very well. even on my 555rs. very light.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doesn't anyone make a polyurethane bushing we can put in? i noticed that my midwest torque arm does not have the poly. i have not installed it yet (i have the long torque arm) so i can't comment on how loud it is. however, i went with the long because i was told it would possibly be a little quieter.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad you are happy with it, have any pics of the clearence issue towards the floor board? We have not encounted that as of yet. Also is the vehicle lowered and what hole do you have the pivot link in and what did you set your pinion angle at?

Any other questions please let me know or if you need help with anything.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:52 PM
11 Second Club

its in the 2nd from the top hole, it was eye balled level and turned out to be pretty damn close to 0. the next day i borrowed an angle finder and set it to -2 per ur email instructions. ds angle was 0 and pinion at -2. i hit a big *** pot hole and the knocking noise stopped. lol. looks like it knocked a big enough dent in the floorboard, its a non issue now. and no i dont have any pics and its just got the hose mod done as far as lowering.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to call us. Pot holes can be the death of anything that's for sure.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

i do have one suggestion. if it wer me, id include new bolts for the crossmember to the body. most of the f bodies i see are missing half of those anyway. on mine, i needed longer than stock because of my 3 point sfc
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by cals400ex
doesn't anyone make a polyurethane bushing we can put in? i noticed that my midwest torque arm does not have the poly. i have not installed it yet (i have the long torque arm) so i can't comment on how loud it is. however, i went with the long because i was told it would possibly be a little quieter.
MWC has a poly bushing for the short torque arm. That's what i chose when i ordered my rear a couple weeks ago.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by ElkySS
i do have one suggestion. if it wer me, id include new bolts for the crossmember to the body. most of the f bodies i see are missing half of those anyway. on mine, i needed longer than stock because of my 3 point sfc
We do offer all the hardware needed to put together our torque arms, for us to get into factory replacement bolts as well would mean a cost increase that some might not need. We will consider it though but have not had to many request for the factory bolts especially with how our cross member is made.

All our torque arms and cross members have a poly mount in the pivot link unless asked for our race version that has none.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

i mean just some grade 8 bolts and washers from home depot or something would be cool. u guys is already way cheaper than a comparably umi or bmr

Quick Reply: midwest torque arm