Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Dn Susp. UpGrade lowered, Amazing ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Since the factory mount functions well and lasts much, much longer then any rod-end, I wouldn't call it garbage. On the other hand, I do think it's overly complicated. I prefer simple. Plus I like being different.
Well you know what I mean, its rubber, its squishy, and it breaks down over time. Heims wear out too, but IMO the positives outweigh the negatives. I wish someone would step up and make a poly bushing, that would be nice
Old 01-29-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You and me both know a poly part will never happen. The demand just isn't there.

But --

It may be possible to make a set ourselves.
In your opinion, what rubber sections would need to be replaced?
If it's just the center core of the main mount, it's just a cylinder. A small solid piece of polyurethane can be milled down to fit and then the steel insert can be slid in. I don't think it needs to be bonded to the metal shell, does it?

I don't know how poly parts are made, but if it's a 2 part liquid mix, then the shell and insert tube can be set into position, the poly mixed and activated, then poured in. Once set, the pieces would be bonded together.

Just a thought.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The travel gain I was refering to was the shock itself. If you compare the stock arrangement side by side the penske has noticeable more travel.

As far as a bump stop, Jason (the guy that spec'd it) said not to worry about bottoming the shock. I specifically ask'd him about bump stops. He said the shock would handle it.

As far as the ride, I still can't believe it. Even my wife noticed it. I had Bilstiens with 24 months on them, it rode fine before but it was at stock ride height.
The rubber verses the bushings, I maybe have a tiny bit more of the high frequency road vibration but to tell ya the truth I don't notice it. Its not in the wheel or the ***.
The rubber bushings actually takes away from movement of the shock piston, so my shocks have no delay in response.
Nitto 555's up front 555R on the business end.
Ya they are 2.5x12 hyperco I'm pretty sure.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BRD-PREY
Nitto 555's up front 555R on the business end.
That helps explain things a little. The 555 is a nice smooth running tire, similar to the Eagle GS-D3. Too soft for the front for my tastes. I prefered the 555RII at about 32psi. The firmer sidewall made for a quicker response.

I'd make sure to keep running those tires up front or the GS-D3's.

I used to also run the 555R's out back in 315. Now those are some real soft ones. I went up in rear spring rate from 150 to 170 when I ran those tires.

Sorry, I go off on a tangent sometimes. Anyway, I may just go with a rod end on the top of my front konis.

How is the adjustment range on those front shocks? Plenty of range?

Quick Reply: Dn Susp. UpGrade lowered, Amazing ride