Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Edelbrock suspension parts.

Old 02-12-2004, 04:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock suspension parts.

Has anyone bought edelbrock suspension parts for there ls1 f-body?
They have all the parts, cheaper prices also.
You guys think they are worth it??
Old 02-12-2004, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy cheap parts and replace them when they break or you find out they don't work as well as others.

Or you can buy the proven, and usually more expensive parts, once and be done with it.

Just like in bearings, rods, pistons, rings, oil, tires, brakes ... you get exactly what you pay for.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gus,

Are you still looking for a replacement Torque Arm that you broke??? If you look at your previous post I gave you some ideas. Oh, and here's another. ForceFedHighPerformance is having 10% off Spohn suspension products. Check the Sponsors And Group purchase section of the website. MitchTX, would probably agree that these are quality pieces.

Tony
Old 02-12-2004, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would go with LG Motorsports stuff and do it right the first time around.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony, I will agree that Steve makes some very good parts.

My personal preference is to not install a part that severely limits my choice of exhaust, requires modifying the under carraige to mount the part and gives adjustability.

Adjustability to me means, 1 setting works great and millions of other settings screw things up. I'm just not that good ...
Old 02-12-2004, 08:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
I'm just not that good ...
Man, somebody lied to me again.....

Edelbrock partnered up with Hotchkiss for about a year. Then, mysteriously, they parted ways. And, Edelbrock released a nearly identical line of suspension parts (even painted/powdercoated the same colors). Interesting....

I am not a fan of Poly/Poly suspension parts. IF you are a hardcore drag racer with a track only car, use solid bushings (or heim joints). If you are a corner carver (track/street/autocross) use Heim joints. The poly/poly style is a flawed design, it won't let the rear suspension move as designed. GM really does know more about this stuff than most of the aftermarket suppliers and they used rubber bushings accordingly. I'd suggest Heim joints, or a poly/heim combo (as a good compromise).

Have fun!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with Mitch that suspension parts manufactured by Spohn, are more oriented for track only setups. (Drag Strip Only) I chose Spohn's LCA's (poly/rod as trackbird mentioned as a comprimise) and Spohn's SFC's. I looked at many different brands but narrowed my final choices down to three: Spohn, LGMotorsports and Global West. The final choice came down to price. I discounted many brands because of Mitch's and trackbird's recommendations. I know that I won't have a BMR panhard bar fail on my Camaro. Because of the inputs, I won't put any BMR product on the car.
( I wish you guys would post more, I learn so much reading your stuff) I remember the post that you made when you said something to the effect "Don't just settle for Good Enough". Well Mitch, that's been my mantra for the additions to my car for a while now.
I may not do the extreme road racing/drag racing that many on this site do. But by purchasing proven parts that are used and abused in extreme situations, I can trust that the part will not fail on me.

Tony
Old 02-12-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PSU_Engineer
I discounted many brands because of Mitch's and trackbird's recommendations.( I wish you guys would post more, I learn so much reading your stuff) Tony
Thanks....

I try to post often (as does Mitch). But, many things have been posted (and answered) dozens of times and I can't find the old posts to cut and paste from (I'm getting old and lazy). I started to archive some of the info on my website, but have not had time to get it all done. So, I stay around and try to post when I have time or something relevant to add....Thanks for the compliments, Mitch and I (I think I can speak for both of us here) are just trying to prevent injuries and save people money....
Old 02-12-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand, hey you guys have been around for awhile. Too many people refuse to use the search key, and the LS1tech archives. When I started reading this forum this past summer, (I was trolling back then), you guys were even linking to older posts back then. I don't blame you guys for getting tired of doing this. Invariably it never ends. People are forever posting the same question over and over again. The only problem is that people don't give "scientific answers" like you two did. As a mechanical engineer, I really enjoyed learning about the physics of racing.

P.S>I am still trying to find the post that you made about "too much sway bar" for an application.

Tony
Old 02-12-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

P.S>I am still trying to find the post that you made about "too much sway bar" for an application.

Tony
Hmmm...I remember a discussion about sway bars, lifting inside wheels and such. Mitch, Critter (Karl) and I (and others) were in on that one. It got a little ugly for a minute or so (if it is the post I'm thinking of), but all was well in the end.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

This one?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...wheel+sway+bar
Old 02-12-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

P.S. I almost hate to dig that one back up....

And Karl and I still speak these days.....(in case anyone wondered)
Old 02-12-2004, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

PSU EN. Tony i replaced TQ with a GM one, Got it for 50 bucks from a friend at a Chevy Dealer. I was just thinking of upgrading suspension parts since its tax time .
Got a good refund thisyear!!!!! thanx uncle sam
Old 02-12-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trackbird
This one?
Yep thanks, that is the one that I was looking for. Sorry for dragging that one up, I forgot how ugly the discussion got.

Tony
Old 02-12-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gus99ssm6
PSU EN. Tony i replaced TQ with a GM one, Got it for 50 bucks from a friend at a Chevy Dealer. I was just thinking of upgrading suspension parts since its tax time .
Got a good refund thisyear!!!!! thanx uncle sam

Good for you Gus, I told you the used stuff was out there. The torque arm isn't a "must do" mod right away. There are guys here running 10's in the quarter with the stock one. Try and concentrate on other suspension parts first. Your money would be better spent on a good set of Subframe Connectors or Lower Control Arms. You might also consider Relocation brackets if you are experienceing wheel hop, or a panhard bar. (ask trackbird, or mitch about this one)

Tony
Old 02-12-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yep thanks, that is the one that I was looking for. Sorry for dragging that one up, I forgot how ugly the discussion got.

Tony
As usual, cooler heads prevailed, the info got shared and everyone lived to post another day. Oh well, as long as it told you what you needed to know.

Search this Thread