Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI kmember / BMR rack?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI kmember / BMR rack?

I want to run the Umi kmember. but at the same time I want to do a manual steering conversion. ANy issues running the bmr flaming river rack? Of course im talkin about the more expensive one that can mount on the oem kmember.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drone
I want to run the Umi kmember. but at the same time I want to do a manual steering conversion. ANy issues running the bmr flaming river rack? Of course im talkin about the more expensive one that can mount on the oem kmember.
Here you go UMI K-member with the manual steering conversion.

Full build of the car from start to finish.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...l#post14193822

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba
Received my UMI K-member. For those that are interested, it weighed 32.7 lbs. All of the past UMI products I've purchased have worked out well and since the car sees the street, I went with UMI

Originally Posted by mike135531bubba
Installed the manual rack yesterday, completely bolt-in. Very nice piece, the rack is a chrome Flaming River rack, comes with the steering shaft and bump steer kit, and also there's a tow loop on the mount. It was 2.4 lbs ligher than the stock rack so overall weight saving from switching from power to manual steering was 13.5 lbs and the engine bay is a lot more cleaner. Still need to bend the brake lines to fit with the new k-member and re-route the trans lines.

Couple more shots of the interior since I'm getting ready to put in new racing seats. Wolfe chromoly crotch strap and Grant steering wheel were installed a couple months ago.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Our BMR RK002 will work with any k-member that is able to use the stock rack and pinion steering. So you should be able to make it work without any issues. Here is a picture of the BMR RK002.
Attached Thumbnails UMI kmember / BMR rack?-rk002h.jpg   UMI kmember / BMR rack?-rk002r.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome

Quick Reply: UMI kmember / BMR rack?