Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear suspension rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear suspension rattle?

I am new ls1's and i went and test drove one today. 2000 firebird trans am, 6spd, t tops, leather, looked like eibach springs, stock shocks, flowmaster exhaust i believe. One thing that really bothered me was the amount of noise from the rear suspension. The road that i test drove the car on was horrible and that def had a lot to do with it, but do these cars generally have a louder ride than most cars? the car has 115k on it.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rjlawlor646
I am new ls1's and i went and test drove one today. 2000 firebird trans am, 6spd, t tops, leather, looked like eibach springs, stock shocks, flowmaster exhaust i believe. One thing that really bothered me was the amount of noise from the rear suspension. The road that i test drove the car on was horrible and that def had a lot to do with it, but do these cars generally have a louder ride than most cars? the car has 115k on it.
You shouldn't be hearing any noises you don't hear with other cars. There shouldn't be any clunking or rattling. Could be a number of things though, loose exhaust, or exhaust hitting the car, loose LCA's, loose PHB, loose torque arm. With 115K miles on shitty stock shocks and shitty eibach springs doesn't help the situation either.
If thats the car you want get under it and look around better to see what else is aftermarket, and don't just take the salesmans word for it. Also Id tell them to get that thing on a lift and tighten some bolts down...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably those stock shocks. Mine are in néed of a change and they make everything creak. But it could be worn out bushings.