Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension?

Thinking about upgrading my suspension parts. Is it better to get adjustable or non adjustable? My cars will see track from time to time but really trying to keep it more tuned for the streets. When I say suspension parts, I am talking about panhard rods, torque arms and etc...Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adjustable always gives you more....adjustment compared to non-adjustable. Really, what I mean, is depending on your car, you can tune in exact angles, lengths, etc. with adjustable parts. It really depends on what mods you already have done to you car or what you plan on doing, if everything is stock and will remain stock (height, type of rear, etc.) then adjustable is not needed. The part remains the same, adjustable parts just allow you to tune it in for your car.... You can always buy adjustable parts, that way you're ready in case you decide to change things later.

This thread is really vague, which is why it hasn't gotten any responses (yet) I think. If you're looking for specific recommendations, you need to elaborate a bit more about what you want to know and what is done to your car or what you plan to do with it....

Also, a search would do you well, there's a lot of questions like this already.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't plan on lowering your car or upgrading the rear axle at some point, I would think fixed length stuff should be fine.

Adj's are good for dialing in different suspension setups or rear axle geometry, but if the cars going to stay mostly stock, IMO there's really no need to be able to adjust anything.

Non adjustables you just install and forget about them...no dialing in as with adjustable stuff.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, thanks for the information. Haven't really planned on lowering it but i will be installing a 12 bolt.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend adjustable parts (especially LCA's) if you're going with a different rear.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

With your car and what you are looking to do with the suspension setup you can really stick to the basics. Since you are not planning on lowering the car you can stick with a non-adjustable torque arm and non-adjustable panhard bar. I would definitely recommend adjustable lower control arms since you are installing an aftermarket rear end since sometimes the LCA brackets aren't exactly welded where they need to be. Also front and rear sway bars would help out a ton.

This is just kind of a basic setup since you didn't go into much detail about the car, but it will defnitely get you going in the right direction.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
With your car and what you are looking to do with the suspension setup you can really stick to the basics. Since you are not planning on lowering the car you can stick with a non-adjustable torque arm and non-adjustable panhard bar. I would definitely recommend adjustable lower control arms since you are installing an aftermarket rear end since sometimes the LCA brackets aren't exactly welded where they need to be. Also front and rear sway bars would help out a ton.

This is just kind of a basic setup since you didn't go into much detail about the car, but it will defnitely get you going in the right direction.

Do you all have a torque arm suitable for a moser 12 bolt? I see the one you have says its not warrantied if using moser.

Quick Reply: suspension?