Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stuck between Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stuck between Mods

I have a bit of a problem.... Need to shocks for the camaro so was thinking of getting the Koni shocks but purchase of the KONI's will eliminate the idea of getting headers. If I just get bilsteins would i be 75% as happy as the bilsteins. Its a sunny daily driver have the G-car in the garage My 92 Z28 so dont need to go all out. Just looking at trying to weigh my options. Secondly if i put a set of strano springs on the bilsteins... will they severly shortent he life of the bilsteins since they are not made for lowered vehicles.
Lastly if the Koni/Strano combination is the holy grale of combinations ranks as a 10
What does a Koni/SS spring rank - ?
Bilstein/Strano combo rank - ?
Bilstein/SS spring rank - ?
Bistein /cut SS spring rank - ?

Just weighing my options and i know alot of guys on here have had lots of different combinations.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at it this way....A Z-28 Camaro, as is, is a reasonably powerful car. Another 10-15 HP realized from a header install isn't going to mean all that much, if you have to slow WAY down to go around curves. IMHO, get the chassis up to snuff before going under the hood....
Old 03-03-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean I drive a 3.8 , so its slow anyway , but adding Koni's instead of 10-15hp was much better , car drives much better and handles great ..
you'd still get a great ride and handling with bilsteins , some people use the bilstein/strano combo and swear by it , If you want ultimate handling and performance on a lowered car , go Koni's , if you just drive it in sunny weather and dont beat your suspension much , I think bilsteins will do the job just as good ..
Old 03-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends if you like to carve corners or haul butt in a striaght line. I like to go straight so it would be headers for me, others dig the corners. Its really a personal preferance.

Quick Reply: Stuck between Mods