Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear end is to far back....moser 12 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear end is to far back....moser 12 bolt

I finished up my moser 12 bolt swap the other day and I snapped some pictures of it. I didnt notice how far back my rear end was, until I got home later that night and looked at the pics.

here is my setup...

Now, the 12 bolt didnt have relocation brackets on it. I took mine off my 10 bolt, and adapted them to fit after some cutting and drilling.

I have bmr lower control arms that arent adjustable and also I still have the stock panhard bar. I also have a bmr torque arm thats mounted in the factory location ( going to do the relocation kit to get it off the trans housing next)

you can see in the pic how far back the wheels are in the fender well. I stopped at the garage today and looked at them closer and they are the same on both sides, but I cant even stick my pointer finger between the bottom of the fender and the tire.

my question is, will adjustable lower control arms fix this? Will single adjustable, or doubles be better? everything looks good, other then the off center issue.

thanks.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Double adjustable is better because they would be adjustable 'on car'. Single adjustable would make you have to unbolt the arm on the adjustable side to shorten them.

But yes adjustabe LCAs should fix that - had the same issue with MWC 9'' when I adjusted them to the stock length.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks buddy

Quick Reply: rear end is to far back....moser 12 bolt