Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension upgrades for a DD 400hp camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Suspension upgrades for a DD 400hp camaro?

I want to get the rest of the parts for my suspension build, but im unsure of what is a need to have vs a nice to look at while its on a lift. I already have qa1 front coil overs, strano rear springs with koni SA rear shocks and a pan hard bar. I dont drag race or autox and this is my daily driver. things im pretty sure i need,,,, subframe connectors, a few urethane bushings here and there and maybe a swaybar upgrade.

what do you guys recommend for a DD? please feel free to add to or take away from what ive already listed, but remember, if its not going to make a very noticeable difference in how the car drives and for my purpose will only serve as eye candy on a lift, im not interested.

thanks for the input!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyducati
I want to get the rest of the parts for my suspension build, but im unsure of what is a need to have vs a nice to look at while its on a lift. I already have qa1 front coil overs, strano rear springs with koni SA rear shocks and a pan hard bar. I dont drag race or autox and this is my daily driver. things im pretty sure i need,,,, subframe connectors, a few urethane bushings here and there and maybe a swaybar upgrade.

what do you guys recommend for a DD? please feel free to add to or take away from what ive already listed, but remember, if its not going to make a very noticeable difference in how the car drives and for my purpose will only serve as eye candy on a lift, im not interested.

thanks for the input!

Subframe connectors weld in -- if you don't have it make that the first thing you do.
K-member --- will help the car and makes it a lot easier to work on
Upper and lower A-Arms---- Goes inline with the K-member.
You can do Lower control arms... it will just help you if you decide to play with the car any on the road.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

With your main goal of improving the way the car drives and feels, I would do a set of sway bars and subframe connectors. Subframe connectors do wonders for 3rd and 4th Gens and you can't beat a set of sway bars for noticeable seat of the pants handling improvement.

Sway Bars

Subframe Connectors
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyducati

thanks for the input!
You do not "need" anything like that for a DD. I doubt you'll notice a different with SFC's, and poly bushings are only going to make the ride worse for you. Matching swaybars(like 35mm front, 22mm rear) are a great upgrade if you are looking for better handling, but definitely not a "need" for a DD.
If you are looking for better ride quality and significantly improved handling ditch the shitty front drags shocks and match the rear konis with some front konis. If you want height adjustment buy a ground control sleeve for the front shocks.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

1st, ditch the QA1 front coil overs, and get a set of Koni SA's up front, and springs that have a spring rate of 450lb.in. or higher depending on how low you want the front.
Weld-in SFC's ,rear LCAs( not with regular poly bushings), I'd also go with upgraded brake pads.

Quick Reply: Suspension upgrades for a DD 400hp camaro?