Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear eibach springs not as fun to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011 | 02:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Bingo!!
LOL and the answer is yes. To a certain degree....yes I want my suspension to work but I liked how it felt more before the springs
Old 04-04-2011 | 05:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by MEGATRONSS
Stock rear shocks, kyb in the front. And yeah I get what you're saying but if i put back the stock springs in the back make it a big difference for body roll or handling? The front shocks made a huge difference
You need better shocks. The OE shocks are HORRIBLE. I used them with a set of Eibach springs for a couple of years. I then went to set of the original SLP Bisteins, and the ride was much better. Had that on the car for about 9-10 years.

I now have the Strano/Bilstein set up. Car rides/handles better, but a lot of the comfort factor is because the car sits about 1/4" higher, providing 1/4" more suspension travel....along with a little better shock damping.
Old 04-05-2011 | 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Not on an fbody....these shocks are crap from the factory, but the springs can go 200k+ miles. Not really a wear item.
Not true at all.. Springs are most certainly a wear item.. I can tell you that a spring takes more abuse driving on the street than on the track.. Here is a very basic explanation.. I can get much more specific about it if you would like.. They ARE a wear item..

http://www.springworks.com/faq.html#coilq10
Old 04-05-2011 | 10:11 PM
Launching!

The springs are brand new they aren't worn.

And the front shocks actually feel much better than stock and pretty good. The thing that has changed is the spring rate in the rear that makes you not feel it as much...
Old 04-05-2011 | 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedracer2536
Not true at all.. Springs are most certainly a wear item.. I can tell you that a spring takes more abuse driving on the street than on the track.. Here is a very basic explanation.. I can get much more specific about it if you would like.. They ARE a wear item..

http://www.springworks.com/faq.html#coilq10
Fine, I suppose they do wear. There are very very few reports of people needing to replace stock springs for wear, many going 200k+ miles....if they wear out, most apparently aren't wearing out over the life of these vehicles....
Old 04-06-2011 | 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Its not that there are very few reports of them.. Most people dont realize that it is a wear item.. It can effect tire wear. mpg. and ride comfort and control.. Just cause it still looks the same doesn't mean its offering the same qualities as when new.. Think about overloaded cars that are dragging bumper.. Think those springs are still in tip top shape?
Old 04-07-2011 | 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

I put on an Eiback pro kit as well not too long ago with KYB agx's. The rear end bottoms out terribly, I am constantly trying to avoid bumps and dips on the freeway because it hits so hard. The fronts are ok, but the rear, I'm not liking it. I was thinking of pulling the rear springs and just doing the hose mod on my stockers.
Old 04-07-2011 | 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

The Eiback pro kit is pretty much the worst springs for our cars
Old 04-07-2011 | 04:14 PM
Captain Double Post

^ I agree,it looks sweet but that's about it,roads around my area are not always in the best shape,makes for a not so fun ride,stranos or bust,I also heard bmr makes a good set of springs

Quick Reply: Rear eibach springs not as fun to drive?