Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spring settle question Strano's

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Too bad your argument does not apply to me since I got the previous BMR springs not the new ones.
My bad and I apologize.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

So Chaman got the inferior set? I mean if they changed them you'd assume it's because they could do better (which is ironic since they claimed the old ones were the "best").

As for "settling". Good springs won't settle much, but the front rates are 550 vs. the rears @ 150, there is also some stiction from new shocks, if you put new upper mounts on they are thicker than old beat down ones, and if any of control arms were changed or new bushing put in there is stiction in the bushings. These things all apply to the front much more than the rear.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

No. I got the one i wanted. Sorry if your brainwashing techniques didnt worked with me. You are a sad little man indeed. Here is the thing, you little dramas and tantrums will not help you to sell more. I do not see BMR crying left to right at every suspension thread. Defend you product. Stop attacking members and other PAYING sponsors.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
So Chaman got the inferior set? I mean if they changed them you'd assume it's because they could do better (which is ironic since they claimed the old ones were the "best").

As for "settling". Good springs won't settle much, but the front rates are 550 vs. the rears @ 150, there is also some stiction from new shocks, if you put new upper mounts on they are thicker than old beat down ones, and if any of control arms were changed or new bushing put in there is stiction in the bushings. These things all apply to the front much more than the rear.
Thank you for your response to the settling issue. Much Appreciated!
Old 06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

3 pages and no pics of this anomaly. Guys if it has you so worried why not post em?

I was patiently waiting on these to come back into stock, my brakes just went out (again..) so I'm delayed by a month or 2 now, but.. if there's an aesthetic "problem" here I want to see what it is and decide for myself.

Making a fuss about it with no photos isn't gonna prove anything. I've looked around here and I've seen a lot of GREAT examples of lowering with sam's springs, and I know he knows what he's doing, I just want to see what this seemingly, worst case scenario is all about.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well, I guess I should be happy that my brainwashing has worked on so many. I have amazing powers. And frankly Chaman if you are happy with your springs, that's great. Though I still think it's funny that you have the older set that they went away from. Yet I'm the brainwasher. Ironic.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Im happy with my springs and mine settled pretty quickly, but anytime i work on my car and I have to raise the front end.. the car sits higher in the front. Nothing a quick spin around the block cant fix. Technically my car also sits higher in the front if your measuring from the wheel wells. (drum roll).... the difference in height is 1/8 of an inch. thats on stranos with konis on the top spring perch. I have no sag and have put about 17,000 miles on them on these nice Los Angeles freeways. You know by downtown with the perfect roads. lol
Old 06-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Have had my Stranos on for almost a month and it sits dead level. It was sitting level the day I put them on!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cnd99hawk
sits dead level. It was sitting level the day I put them on!
same here.

when looking at a pic of stranos or any spring, the angle etc. that the pic was taken could make it look like the rear sits higher than the front. I see people complaining about it, but I don't see to many pics of people measuring wheel gaps, or the rocker to ground distance. If I seen pics of that I'd be a believer of what some people are saying. I have never had a problem with strano springs, I had them on my old car and current.

Last edited by J LT1 TA; 06-10-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

My car on the Strano springs sits perfect. Our LS1 cars sit at varied heights because of the car.. not the springs. That can apply to all springs.. except maybe LS1 eibachs. Then you deal with varying ride height for springs too.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

No. I got the one i wanted. Sorry if your brainwashing techniques didnt worked with me. You are a sad little man indeed. Here is the thing, you little dramas and tantrums will not help you to sell more. I do not see BMR crying left to right at every suspension thread. Defend you product. Stop attacking members and other PAYING sponsors.
Irony at best...
You don't see BMR crying because any thread with anything negative about them gets pulled quickly because they go run and tell instead of defending their products up front with real actual facts and logic explanations like other vendors do.
Why are you always so butt hurt Chaman? Why don't you like when someone defends them self? God forbid a paying sponsor and fellow Fbody owner trys to explain himself without the handful of butthurt morons jumping down his throat for being upfront and honest about things rather than patting you on the head and telling you everything is going to be ok, buy exactly what you think is right, even if it goes against what you want to do (like so many other sponsors do with their auto response trying to make a quick buck). Its just so damn pathetic that members attack the guys that try and actually help them, while they nutswing on the salesmen who just take their money and couldn't care to answer a technical question.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

I have had Sam's springs on my car for well over a year now and love them on the street and on an autox course. Some cars sit differently. Hell mine is a bit lower up front than out back and I love it!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

IMPOSSIBLE! The internets said that my springs sit the other way around. Your pic must be photoshopped. :p
Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Irony at best...
You don't see BMR crying because any thread with anything negative about them gets pulled quickly because they go run and tell instead of defending their products up front with real actual facts and logic explanations like other vendors do.
Why are you always so butt hurt Chaman? Why don't you like when someone defends them self? God forbid a paying sponsor and fellow Fbody owner trys to explain himself without the handful of butthurt morons jumping down his throat for being upfront and honest about things rather than patting you on the head and telling you everything is going to be ok, buy exactly what you think is right, even if it goes against what you want to do (like so many other sponsors do with their auto response trying to make a quick buck). Its just so damn pathetic that members attack the guys that try and actually help them, while they nutswing on the salesmen who just take their money and couldn't care to answer a technical question.
Bullshit. You have any proof to sustain you claim towards BMR? If thar was true Mr Strano here would have been the first asking for threads deletions. A quick look at his attacks towards anyone with something to say about his products is enough to validate it. You behave like a nice cheerleader though. Lets hope a pic about the problem is not posted. The drama afterwards would too much for you to handle.

If what you said was true take it to the admins here, better yet why Mr Strano has not put a stop to such a practice? Are you implying there is a special treatment towards BMR? Can you support all the bullshit you typed?

Last edited by chaman; 06-10-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

I really don't see why some of you are questioning Sam's Products.He explained why it might seem like the front sits higher and no 2 cars are identical.He makes a good product that lots of Fbody owners buy and it works.His springs are designed to lower with keeping Performance/Handling priority #1.Therefore you are not going to get the slammed look you might be thinking when buying Lowering Springs.If thats what you want then shop around & do some research.I would say save your money and just cut the stockers.If you want the Best Ride/Handling while getting as low as possible you are going to be looking at his products.I do not have his springs but I respect his stuff because he does know what he's talking about.His Track Record speaks for itself.

Last edited by MillerTime85; 06-10-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Chaman why do you see the need to call out Mr Strano in everyone of his posts? Its his name that is in this thread, not yours. Do you have nothing better to do? Have you run out of people to call out on and say how much better your car is then their's? Honestly your internet immaturity is what gets old. If it doesn't concern you than move on. This thread does concern me because I have a set of Strano's on order and would like to see the pics of this issue, even though I truly believe that there is no issue at hand. Thank you Sam for the explanation.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im not sure where this thread is going,but i dont think anyone is questioning sams products.I think what Chaman is trying to get at is when someone explaines why they went with a drifferent Brand like Bmr,as i did,Sam makes smart *** remarks back to that person.I simply stated why i went with bmr springs,because i like the stance better.I did a lot of pic searching and found some cars looked to low in the back for my taste with the Strano springs,Do a search,i know im not the only one.And Sam thought my post was ammusing.I didnt bash Sams product is any way,was simply explaining why i went with Bmr,to possibly help someone else looking for Springs.Chaman was just stating the obvious,Sam will start drama crap if you purchase another brand and explain why.I also went with BMR because if the excellent customer service.Sam you make a great product without a doubt,but its not going to be for everyone.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My springs are about 4 yrs old now. When I installed mine I don't remember the car sitting higher in the front. Sam gets jumped on from time to time for his 'actions', but yet, the thing for me is, when someone posts about a problem with their suspension, BMR or UMI jumps in and says "hey, have I got the part for you! You need blah, blah, blah!", without giving any real answer to why they need it. Just you 'need it'. Gotta get that next sale... Nobody piles on them. Sam will go out of his way and tell you why you don't need it or how it won't change the way your car performs and try to help you save money. I'm not the only one to say that. But, there are times when I don't agree with Sams 'tactics'. I've seen the arguements here and over on Frrax about different ways to do things. What works for Sam doesn't work for others and sometimes Sam pushes the issue. But, he is a successful autocrosser and races what he sells. Is he tooting his own horn? Sometimes yes. Does it bother others, yes. Will all the bitching and moaning of all parties involved ever stop? Probably not...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Bullshit. You have any proof to sustain you claim towards BMR?
Stick around the suspension section for a while and you will see it for yourself. Just less than a month ago there was (another) thread about their torque arm breaking, naturally the use the tired old excuse of "oh, that was our old design, our new one is better" - which leads to the question of why did they even make the old "bad" one? The thread lasted a couple of days then disappeared. There are countless other threads like that with broken LCAs, PHBs, and K members that all mysteriously vanish after a day or so.

If thar was true Mr Strano here would have been the first asking for threads deletions.
As if you know him
He doesn't bother telling, hes a stand up guy and rather back his product up himself.
A quick look at his attacks towards anyone with something to say about his products is enough to validate it.
So me these "attacks". The only thing I have seen is him correct false information and defending his (and other good) products. People like YOU create this "drama".

You behave like a nice cheerleader though.
Wow, talk about a "Pot meet Kettle" moment...
Lets hope a pic about the problem is not posted.
There is no "problem", these springs are made for handling, not for looks.

If what you said was true take it to the admins here, better yet why Mr Strano has not put a stop to such a practice? Are you implying there is a special treatment towards BMR? Can you support all the bullshit you typed?
Like stated above he's likley above that childish behavor, and rather stand up for himself. There is no special treatment, a paying sponsor can ask for a thread to be pulled/locked.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redtail2426
Im not sure where this thread is going,but i dont think anyone is questioning sams products.I think what Chaman is trying to get at is when someone explaines why they went with a drifferent Brand like Bmr,as i did,Sam makes smart *** remarks back to that person.I simply stated why i went with bmr springs,because i like the stance better.I did a lot of pic searching and found some cars looked to low in the back for my taste with the Strano springs,Do a search,i know im not the only one.And Sam thought my post was ammusing.I didnt bash Sams product is any way,was simply explaining why i went with Bmr,to possibly help someone else looking for Springs.Chaman was just stating the obvious,Sam will start drama crap if you purchase another brand and explain why.I also went with BMR because if the excellent customer service.Sam you make a great product without a doubt,but its not going to be for everyone.
He thought it was amusing because they copied his springs almost exactly (and after claiming their old ones were the "best"), yet you think they sit differently. I haven't see this.
You have to notice if someone has different wheels/tires, more weight in the back or a different rear end. All these can change ride height.

Quick Reply: Spring settle question Strano's