Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs & ride height WS6 Convertable.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Springs & ride height WS6 Convertable.

I know there is a similar thread just a few down from this one, but need some convertable specific answers.

I have been through several springs front & rear. I now have Strano springs & Koni shocks. Love them. My issue is that my front end is up too high for my liking. Most normal human beings would say it looks fine however, it is higher than I like.

History: originally had Eibach Pro's they looked great and perfect hieght ... espescially after they sagged after a year or so. LOL... thats the problem they are obviously not the quallity of the Stranos that I have now. The Strano's are not much taller ... when we installed them I just needed to remove the rear isolator and the fronts were close enough. The problem started when we replaced the front A arm
( as it was bent from a previous fender bender). After the replacement and allignment the front end came up at least an inch ??? The very respectable Allignment/ Repair shop says everything is as it should be ... nothing out of adjustment or pinched off too high ??? "My camber was way off and with that fixed it is what is " HMMM

I am trying to make lemonade out of lemons... I do not want to abandon my front strano springs ... but not sure if I have any other choices. I was thinking of going back to the Eibachs & this time go with the Sportlines... this is not where I want to be. Cutting the coil is not an option either. Does anyone know of springs that are lower than Strano's & Eibach Pro's for that matter ?? and have a spring rate that can handle the weight of a convertable.
The Sportlines are not supposed to be used for convertables for that reason ... or ride hieght etc.. But with my specific issue and the extra height that has been magically added I was wondering if the Sportlines would work ??

Thanks