Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Offset LCA's 9" Narrowed 2.5"/side 5.5bs Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Offset LCA's 9" Narrowed 2.5"/side 5.5bs Wheels

I am about to start getting some suspension components for my new setup. Was curious if offset LCA's were required, or if I could just run an adjustable control arm instead.

Moser 9" narrowed 2.5" per side, relocation brackets, Weld RTS 15x10 5.5 BS, Mickey Thompson 295/50/15. I have the stock control arms on there, and they clear the tires, a tubular LCA would clear even more, just wondering if I really need the offset for any other reason besides clearing the tire.

Also would like some recommendations for a good anti-roll bar setup, I was looking at either the UMI drag sway bar, or the BMR Xtreme anti-roll kit.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

If your factory control arms are clearing now then you would be fine with out off set control arms. If you go with a basic control arms made from 1-1/4" tubing it will offer a little more clearance than the factory arms with out off setting them as well.

If you need any help with the drag bar please let me know and I will be glad to assist you

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

If your factory control arms are clearing now then you would be fine with out off set control arms. If you go with a basic control arms made from 1-1/4" tubing it will offer a little more clearance than the factory arms with out off setting them as well.

If you need any help with the drag bar please let me know and I will be glad to assist you

Thanks!
Ryan
Would you recommend the double adjustable control arms, or the single adjustable, on car control arms?

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
Would you recommend the double adjustable control arms, or the single adjustable, on car control arms?

Thanks!
Since it appears you are going for a more track oriented vehicle I would recommend the double adjustable with rod ends on both ends. Also with the double adjustable you could also swap in the off set bushings to off set the control arms IF this was ever needed.

I hope that helps!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Offset LCA's 9" Narrowed 2.5"/side 5.5bs Wheels