Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help finding a auto Tranny Mount......

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help finding a auto Tranny Mount......

no one in my area offers one but the dealer ($160) no thanks,,, so is there any aftermarket or other part number that work,,, Id rather find a stock one. Ive heard ppl running the energy suspension ones complain and remove them from vibration,,, is this why I cant even find a listing for a part number on there website???
Old 04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Autozone and advanced stock and sell the ES mount. I had one, hated it. I only put it in to drive the car while my GM replacement was being ordered and it was awful. I don't know about your dealer but mine was was like $70-$80 if I remember correctly. Did you check GMpartsdirect.com ??
Old 04-13-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

price is lower for your from gm cause your in usa and here in eastern canada we dont have those auto stores. I checked all around no one has one in stock in my area, stock or poly.
I found poly on ebay for like 50shipped,,, and jegs or summit sells the same prothane universal ones like you guys talk about being harsh.

I was just wanting a cheap oem replacment but no one lists one for my car,,, seems like a common mount,,,it looks like the cheap 25$ one i had replaced on my 87 Iroc yrs ago, that was in stock locally.

will any other yr firebird or camaro or gm for that matter fit???? Its kinda funny that all 3rd and 4th gens have the same issue or ripping them out if there not the same? or are they?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Look for lt1 mounts. They are the same thing and easier to find, but they do use a different bolt. I got mine at autozone with life time warranty.

Edit: oops.. Just realized you do have an lt1.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

no you were right the 1st time 2 weeks ago i sold that red lt1 and got the 98 that im looking for the mount for. I ended up finding and ordering a prothane one from jegs. I need to get around to makeing a new sig.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Let me know how you like the mount, mines shot and am looking to find a replacement, not sure if I should do the poly transmission mount as i already have the poly motor mounts
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

well heck yer motor is what makes the vibrations,,, so if you already got poly motor mounts go for it. Im putting the poly in just to be done with it,,, I can tear on it all I want and its not ganna brake.. dont really care about vibrations. But yah I just got it in the mail today ill try and get back to you. If not just remind me in a pm
Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Get the ES poly trans mount, grind/cut down the 2 pre-load bumps and leave the pre-load plate off, You'll have very little additional vibration if you do this.

BTW, I've been running my ES trans mount this way for years without any problems.

Energy Suspension pt# 3-1108G
Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

above I already posted i got a prothane one,,,

Joe77- Put the mount on yesterday,, same thickness as the stock one and it is alot rougher then I thought it would be,,, its bareable but just. I hope it goes away soon,,,, If I could of found a cheap shocker for the same price as the prothane one I would rather that.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jcurrieta
above I already posted i got a prothane one,,,

Joe77- Put the mount on yesterday,, same thickness as the stock one and it is alot rougher then I thought it would be,,, its bareable but just. I hope it goes away soon,,,, If I could of found a cheap shocker for the same price as the prothane one I would rather that.
Yeah, but if you get the ES mount and then leave the preload plate off, and remove the 2 preload bumps from the ES mount you won't have those issues.

Quick Reply: Need help finding a auto Tranny Mount......