Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Show me some lowered Trans Am's on stock Speedlines!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me some lowered Trans Am's on stock Speedlines!

I've been told numerous times that my car is crying for some new rims. I feel it probably just needs lowering. Please post some pics of your lowered TA on stock speedline wheels. I happen to like the look of the speedlines personally. If you happen to have before and after pics, that would be awesome! Thanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Launching!

Not that popular of an idea, lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Thanks for posting! Here is my delima, I have enough money to do one or the other: Buy some lowering springs with shocks OR buy new wheels. It would literally take me a year to put aside

Personally I kind of like the look of stock Speedline wheels that I have on my Trans Am. Most of my friends are advising me to ditch my stock wheels and buy some new ones. They are saying "don't worry with lowering your car, get some new rims-- it will look 100 times better and more aggressive" and all that.

I have a feeling that lowering my car and keeping my stock rims would probably be good enough for me when it comes to looking more aggressive. I'm just looking for some pictures of Trans Ams that are lowered and still have the stock speedline wheels on, so I can get a visual of how the car looks with a new stance. Right now my car is stock height and to me it looks way too high, and if i bought new larger wheels it would look even higher.

It seems like 99.9% of the pictures that I find of lowered Trans AMs have aftermarket wheels, haven't seen many with stock speedlines.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definitely keep the rims!!!!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ta-stanger
Not sure which your looking for wheels or Springs? You say you want to lower it so I will assume you mean Eibach sportline springs. I had them on mine for a week. They look was amazing but they just don't offer the ride and control I was after. But Damn was it low!! I have BMR springs on mine now which I think is low enough. Good luck and sorry if I'm assuming the wrong way on ur post!
Oh, and a quick question. Are you using your stock shocks with those BMR springs? I wonder if I can get away with just buying springs without new shocks.

And I agree, sportline springs look great but are too low for my liking and I hear thr ride is terribad.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Here are a couple picture with our BMR springs on a 2002 WS6. We have quite a few guys out there with our springs. If there is anything I can do for yoiu let me know.

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails Show me some lowered Trans Am's on stock Speedlines!-ws6_sp001.jpg   Show me some lowered Trans Am's on stock Speedlines!-ws6_sp001_2.jpg  

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Here are a couple picture with our BMR springs on a 2002 WS6. We have quite a few guys out there with our springs. If there is anything I can do for yoiu let me know.

Kyle
Over the past couple of months I have looked through tons of pics of different brands of springs. I have spent alot of time comparing the different stances to the point that I can almost tell which spring the car has before reading a description.

Every car I've seen, and I mean every car that has BMR springs has the stance I am looking for. It seems that they are always consistent in every picture. I don't think I have read a single negative comment left by anyone that has them installed

I have seen other brands where thier same spring looks totally different on two identical makes/models of cars-- one car looks higher than the other-- one car looks higher in the front than in the rear, ect. Haven't seen any of that with BMR.

There is no doubt that I will be going with your springs in the very near future. Thanks for posting pics, looks great and I can't wait to have my car sitting like that
Old 04-14-2011, 09:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by floodofnoise
Over the past couple of months I have looked through tons of pics of different brands of springs. I have spent alot of time comparing the different stances to the point that I can almost tell which spring the car has before reading a description.

Every car I've seen, and I mean every car that has BMR springs has the stance I am looking for. It seems that they are always consistent in every picture. I don't think I have read a single negative comment left by anyone that has them installed

I have seen other brands where thier same spring looks totally different on two identical makes/models of cars-- one car looks higher than the other-- one car looks higher in the front than in the rear, ect. Haven't seen any of that with BMR.

There is no doubt that I will be going with your springs in the very near future. Thanks for posting pics, looks great and I can't wait to have my car sitting like that
When you are ready for a set let me know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

JDMG's (spelling) ws6 is a perfect example of how good the stock wheels look when lowered, and its SWEET. You're defintely on the right track imo, the drop is 1st on the list then the wheels for me too.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Launching!

True that man, I think the 01-02 Speedlines compliment the Trans Am more than any other oem wheel. I'm happy with them.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 2000 ws6,and i also agree that the speedlines look awesome.I also agree with the BMR springs,they have a great stance and are consistent.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

I'm dropped on the stockers. I'd say go with it and save the rims for later. Looks sooo much better with just a drop.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Do yourself a favor and buy shocks and springs at the same time.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I'm looking at shocks now, haven't made my mind up on a set that is within my budget. Any advice in the $400 a set range? There are so many different types it's a confusing process for me considering I don't know much about them.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Launching!

I guess I could add a couple pics I've found, I'm sure these are from ls1tech members, but I don't know who:

Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by floodofnoise
True that man, I think the 01-02 Speedlines compliment the Trans Am more than any other oem wheel. I'm happy with them.
Definately keep the Speedlines. I bought a set of them several months ago. At first, I wasn't feeling them when they were mounted, but they have really grown on me. I feel that the other WS6 wheels look better on the 93-97 T/A's and the Speedlines look best on the 98-02 T/A's. I have not seen a single T/A locally with Speedlines, which is nice to be different.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by guy7bmwm83
Definately keep the Speedlines. I bought a set of them several months ago. At first, I wasn't feeling them when they were mounted, but they have really grown on me. I feel that the other WS6 wheels look better on the 93-97 T/A's and the Speedlines look best on the 98-02 T/A's. I have not seen a single T/A locally with Speedlines, which is nice to be different.
On a side note, I've been told several times by people, "I don't normally like white cars, but damn that car looks amazing in white!" Artic White ftw, really shows of the lines of the TA imo.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The white T/A's are sweet. I was looking for a navy blue one when shopping around, but love my white T/A. I rarely see white f-bodies locally. They remind me of the white Corvettes.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya I love my white one and I'm on polished speedlines.. I was going to buy some fm5's for the trans am and put the speedlines on the Camaro
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For $400 per set of shocks the SLP bilsteins are the way to go. A few sponsers have them in the $390 range. That's what I'm running with Strano springs that are also a 1 1/4" drop and the car feels very planted and rides pretty well.

Quick Reply: Show me some lowered Trans Am's on stock Speedlines!