Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

advice before buying adj LCA & PHB

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default advice before buying adj LCA & PHB

i think this summer i am going to do SFC's and also want to do LCA's and a PHB. Considering getting UMI lower control arms and panhard bar.
I'd like to get adjustable stuff because i plan on getting a full alignment asap because i've had a slight pull the end of last year, so i want it all to get done right.
with the umi stuff do i want roto ends on both ends, on just one end, or regular poly/rubber bushings on both ends for the lca's and phb ? I am most concerned with not having excessive noise and vibration driving everyday to work. I don't plan to road course the car, it's a daily driver, and i also plan on doing sfc's shortly after hopefully got a set coming from a friend.
price is not really an issue on the lca and phb, i don't mind paying an extra $50 or whatever for the roto end stuff.

and any recommendations on alignment specs appreciated, plan on doing normal caster of +4.8, gonna try and get 0 to -0.5 deg camber and toe in. thanks.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for considering the UMI products, we will be glad to help you.

Since the vehicle is a daily driver I would recommend the poly/poly style lower control arms and panhard bar. They are inexpensive and very low maintenance, they do not offer any additional road noise either. If you decide you would like to step it up a little the next best thing would be the poly/Roto set ups. The offer the ride comfort and no noise, they may firm the ride slightly but not significant. Both these styles are available in adjustable and non-adj. versions.

Here is a new application guide we just came out with-

Bushing Application Guide

If I can help with any questions please ask. Thank you!

Ryan
Old 04-24-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a nice bushing guide you guys made! That should help a lot with newer guys and their questions.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
That's a nice bushing guide you guys made! That should help a lot with newer guys and their questions.
Thank you, we are hoping it helps since we offer so many bushing types that it can get confusing. We will keep adding to it as things come up not listed.

Quick Reply: advice before buying adj LCA & PHB