Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help 315s scrubbing

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help 315s scrubbing

This may be covered but when I searched I had a hard time finding useful info. I have an 02 ss and I have 315/35/17s on 11" zr1s in the back. Nitto 555. I scrub real bad when I hit bumps in the road.

I have stock shocks. The car appears about an inch plus lower than stock but it looks like the stock springs so I'm not sure if they were modified or not

Passenger side only occassionally rubs but the driver side is bad. Had these tires less than a week and ready shredded on driver side.

What kind of suspension setup are you guys with 315s running. I know I can roll the fenders but want to avoid this if possible thanks for any advice and sorry if this has already been discussed.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

You will need to roll the fender lip at a minimum. You may also need to perform the BFH mod on the inner well.

If its lowered, you may also have to get an adjustable panhard bar on it to get the rear centered properly.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SVThuh
You will need to roll the fender lip at a minimum. You may also need to perform the BFH mod on the inner well.

If its lowered, you may also have to get an adjustable panhard bar on it to get the rear centered properly.
depends on the offset of the rear wheels......if he has the 38mm ZR1's, he will have to roll the fenders......i ran the same exact wheel/tire setup with 50mm offset ZR1's and only needed the BFH mod on the inner wells...the outside of the tires never touched the fender lips.....my 335's touch now though .......adjustable panhard bar is a must to center the rearend either way.

OP, the stock springs have very soft rates.....I bought a set of rear BMR's, they have a much stiffer rate and it only takes about ten minutes to put them in.....they're not expensive and you won't have to worry about the bump stops hitting anymore
Old 04-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Teching In

Thanks. And I forgot to mention. The inner well clears fine. I've been talking to strano over the last couple days getting ready to order an adjustable phb and some new shocks and springs. What shocks do you recommend. I'm leaning towards either bilstein or koni
Old 04-29-2011, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02HTSS
Thanks. And I forgot to mention. The inner well clears fine. I've been talking to strano over the last couple days getting ready to order an adjustable phb and some new shocks and springs. What shocks do you recommend. I'm leaning towards either bilstein or koni
which shocks to recommend depends on the springs you're going to be running, but more than likely if you're even considering Koni go for it. I had bilsteins on lowering springs and it was ehhh, but now I have Koni's and lowered and it is much nicer. bilsteins are great for stock springs and can work with lowering springs on a budget but Koni's are really the way to go.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Going to summit in the morning to get some konis and an adjustable phb. I'll let y'all know how it works out

Quick Reply: Need help 315s scrubbing