Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Torque Arm Hardware question

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI Torque Arm Hardware question

Hey Guys I was just about to order the UMI Tunnel Brace Mounted Torque Arm w/ DSL - Long Tube Header Set-up when I noticed this disclaimer at the bottom of the description..

"If you are running a Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end this kit is not needed, you must reuse hardware supplied by Moser Engineering."

Well I am in fact running a a Moser 12 Bolt rear end and now I'm wondering what the diffrence is in this hardware and the hardware that can be purchased with the kit. I'm wanting to use all brand new parts when I do this install so do I need to contact Moser for this hardware or can something else be used?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Moser. If I recall correctly, you need to use a longer and thicker diameter bolt. Plus there's 4 total holes for mounting on the 12 bolt
Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

With the Moser 12 bolt there are four bolts that mount the torque arm to the rear end (2 thru the top side of the TA bracket and two thru the bottom side of the TA bracket), where as the 10 bolt, 9 inch, and Dana 60 all use two bolts long thru bolts to mount the torque arm to the rear end.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: UMI Torque Arm Hardware question