Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shaking wont go away!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaking wont go away!!!

Hey guys I got my new struts and shocks put in and the ride quality increased alot!! But when I hit 65+ my car still shakes. I can see the steering wheel bouncing up and down like crazy at 70mph. I have done an Alignment, wheels balanced, ball joints, and still nothing stops it!!! Who can tell me what exactly can be wrong with it?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does the whole car shake or just the wheel? Speed specific only? When you did the tire balancing did they utilize road force?

If the whole car is shaking, check your driveshaft.. A u-joint could be going out or you could have tossed a balancing weight.. Either way, I would find a driveline shop, have them install some new U-Joints and re-balance. The balance job should be fairly cheap.. especially if they dont have to put any weight on it.. The u-joints are only as expensive as your willing to spend, but word to the wise.. you get what you pay for.

Oh, PS.. If you have a 4th gen, you have Shocks all around, not a front strut design.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 PM

Default Hmmmm...

well I can say actually the whole car does shake. How expensive is it to change the U joints and the weights.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

shouldn't be too bad.. find a few driveline shops and price them out.

Quick Reply: Shaking wont go away!!!